Sign in to follow this  
jimflutes

Ford Quick Lane oil change the works .

So my dealer will charge 60.00 for the works , now I found a on line coupon for the works with the 50/50 oil for 40.00 but only at a Ford dealer that has a Quick Lane oil change dept. they are a little bit further then my dealer . Do you think that you get the same service at this Quick Lane ?

I use the Quick Lane here in Temple TX and do the works which includes synthetic blend oil change, tire rotation, brake inspection, fluid top off, battery test, filter and belt check.

Everything for 39.99

So far they have done a good job.

3 hours ago, jimflutes said:

So my dealer will charge 60.00 for the works , now I found a on line coupon for the works with the 50/50 oil for 40.00 but only at a Ford dealer that has a Quick Lane oil change dept. they are a little bit further then my dealer . Do you think that you get the same service at this Quick Lane ?

Hi Jim.  All other variables being equal, yes...you would get the same service. 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

9 hours ago, jimflutes said:

I have used both at my dealer, I see no difference

I was thinking it would be the same , it seems that not all Ford dealers have this Quick Lane .  Thanks to the very helpful response here I am on my way there today. I am very grateful to have this forum .

I'm always one to try to find the best deal.  But when my local dealer has done many thousands of dollars in uniform business with me, I figure I can pay the extra $30.

I would do the same thing in your situation ,  you are correct in doing business with your dealer considering he is your customer also ( One hand washes the other ) . But I was looking to save some money and did . I just returned from the Quick Lane dealer and it was a good experience .  The place was super clean the workers were efficient and done in an hour , everything was Ford parts and oil . This was a giant Ford dealership in a city close to me and I was impressed , my dealer is a small town dealer and I would bring any serious work to them but for the works I would go back .  

4 hours ago, jimflutes said:

I would do the same thing in your situation ,  you are correct in doing business with your dealer considering he is your customer also ( One hand washes the other ) . But I was looking to save some money and did . I just returned from the Quick Lane dealer and it was a good experience .  The place was super clean the workers were efficient and done in an hour , everything was Ford parts and oil . This was a giant Ford dealership in a city close to me and I was impressed , my dealer is a small town dealer and I would bring any serious work to them but for the works I would go back .  

Hi Jim.  I'm glad everything worked out for you.

One other hint for you and everyone (if you did not already try): Maintenance costs, parts costs etc, are often similar to buying a new car and can sometimes be negotiable. So always do some shopping around and don't be hesitate to ask the Dealerships Service and Parts Departments to meet or beat the best pricing you can find. The worst they can do is tell you they won't be able to.

For instance, when I ordered my 2018 MKZ, I also ordered some Lincoln accessories.  The cargo area protector, cargo organizer and wheel locks. All my local Ford and Lincoln Dealerships were originally much higher than the prices I could find online, essentially quoting the list/retail pricing or slightly higher. But once I called them back with the lower pricing I found online, three of them came down and beat the online prices, along with no shipping. So they will come down for an informed buyer.

EDIT - Ironically, the Lincoln Dealer that I purchased my car from would not come down in pricing.  I got the lowest prices from a Ford Dealer a little further from my house where I sometimes get my oil changes/"The Works" performed. They saved me ~$90 on 3 accessories, so they got my business.

The same goes for routine maintenance costs, such as "The Works". When my local Dealer is not offering any specials at the time, I simply inform them of the price I can get elsewhere and they usually offer the same pricing.

Anyway, just a little FYI for those who care.  Good luck!

Edited by bbf2530
To add information.

Great suggestion , you know when I called my dealer I was going to ask if they would that and didn't , so next oil change I WILL do that , all they can say is no , right . Meanwhile , like I said , I was very satisfied with the Quick Lane .