Sign in to follow this  
willy j

Radio static

I recently had to change a fuel injector on the wife's car,  apparently there's a lot of static now on the radio now since then, could a loose battery ground cause this issue or does it have something to do with the new spark plugs. 

Thanks everyone out there in lincoln land. 

1 hour ago, willy j said:

I recently had to change a fuel injector on the wife's car,  apparently there's a lot of static now on the radio now since then, could a loose battery ground cause this issue or does it have something to do with the new spark plugs. 

Thanks everyone out there in lincoln land. 

Hi willy j. Not exactly sure what is causing your radio static issues. However, what brand of spark plugs did you install?  Hopefully the Motorcraft OEM replacement? Other brands of spark plugs have been known to cause issues with our cars.

Hopefully one of our techie members will jump in with more help.

Keep us updated and good luck.

5 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi willy j. Not exactly sure what is causing your radio static issues. However, what brand of spark plugs did you install?  Hopefully the Motorcraft OEM replacement? Other brands of spark plugs have been known to cause issues with our cars.

Hopefully one of our techie members will jump in with more help.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Oh yeah Motorcraft for sure,  i did notice what looked to be a burn holein this harness, not sure what it is but the single wire inside appeared to be ok

20181018_191538.jpg