LincolnCurious

Seat Heater/Cooler Failure

I have a 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with 90k +/-  and the seat heat/cool controller is malfunctioning. When I press heat or cool, for the driver's, or the passenger's seat, the function light will light up for a few seconds, then shut off. Wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem, and if so, how was it solved? Thanks in advance for your input.

Is this a car that you've had for a while?  Or is it new to you?

Did this happen to one side first, and then the second side?

Most likely it means that the heating element is broken at some point, and it usually occurs in the seat pad element.  The seat pad and back pads are connected by a wire in each seat.  It happened in my 07 Fusion, drivers side seat bad had a spot where it burnt and the wire had separated.  When turning it on, the light stayed on for two seconds, and then went out.  This is a common heated seat element failure, in pretty much all makes.  I pulled the seat, opened it up and found the burnt spot.  I ordered a new seat pad and installed it, and it worked fine again.

q82MBP0.jpg

I've had the car since 9/16, bought it with 38k on it. They both worked until this Spring, then neither one would work. Neither heating nor cooling will stay on. Thanks, gives me somewhere to start.

I'm thinking if the heat and cooled functions in both seats quit at the same time, it's more likely to be the seat heater control module, which should be located under the passenger seat.  I'm sure that you've checked the fuses and wiring connections first, and if not, start there.

I would also check for a loose plug/connection under the seats, it's been know to happen from vacuuming 🙄