Sign in to follow this  
jm98

steering wheel handling bit stiff

From my experience with 14 MKZh steering wheel feels bit hard compare to Infinity Q50 and Camry.  Not trying to compare these vehicles feature wise but MKZh steering seems to be hard.  Is it possible needs steering wheel fuel replaced or topped?  Any recalls on this specific feature?

Jim, I have had mine since new and never an issue, very similar handling to my previous Lexus and BMW

Edited by R2D2

2 hours ago, jm98 said:

From my experience with 14 MKZh steering wheel feels bit hard compare to Infinity Q50 and Camry.  Not trying to compare these vehicles feature wise but MKZh steering seems to be hard.  Is it possible needs steering wheel fuel replaced or topped?  Any recalls on this specific feature?

If by "steering wheel fuel" you mean power steering fluid, your car has electronic power assisted steering (EPAS).  There are no hydraulics involved, hence no fluid. 

You're right in that you can't compare other cars.  I haven't driven the two you mentioned but I certainly woouldn't compare the steering on a Camry to that of an MKZ.  The MKZ has much more of a "European" feel.  Make sure your tire pressures are within spec and if your settings aren't already on "Comfort," switch to that and see if the steering lightens up enough to your liking.   Other than that, all I can suggest is that you have the car inspected by a Lincoln dealer to make sure everything is operating as designed.

There was a recall for corrosion of the steering gear motor attachment bolts for 2013-2015 MKZs sold in salt belt states.  If the bolts detach, it could cause loss of power assist.  I see you're in TX.  Are you the original owner?  Has the car ever spent time in on of the states mentioned?

Edited by drolds1

I am not original owner but my MKZh was off 3 years lease from local TX Lincoln dealer.  Is there a way to verify if recall was addressed in my MKZh?  I am having bit mixed feeling getting honest answers from local dealer here regarding recall work.  I am saying that because I ended up paying $$ to replace all wheel lug nuts at dealer that should been replaced under a different 13-15 MKZh recall.

Overall I love MKZh ride experience and amazing MPGs.

29 minutes ago, jm98 said:

I am not original owner but my MKZh was off 3 years lease from local TX Lincoln dealer.  Is there a way to verify if recall was addressed in my MKZh?  I am having bit mixed feeling getting honest answers from local dealer here regarding recall work.  I am saying that because I ended up paying $$ to replace all wheel lug nuts at dealer that should been replaced under a different 13-15 MKZh recall.

Overall I love MKZh ride experience and amazing MPGs.

You can check if there are any open recalls on your MKZ ---> here.

Edited by fusionff