Sign in to follow this  
Under200

2017 3.0T AWD mpg update

Figured it would be a useful bit of info for those considering mpg when choosing which engine to go with.

My driving habits are about 85% hwy @ about 75 to 85 mph and the remaining being city driving.  After one and half weeks or so am averaging 22 mpg with a high of 23.  When I was doing city only the first few days was at about 16 to 17 mpg.  Of course we all want the highest mpg we can get but all things considered I am happy over all with 22.  It is after all 400hp and awd.  In comparison my fwd 2013 Mazda cx-5 was giving me 27 mpg.  So for the modest loss in mpg I think it is more than a fair trade.  Especially fair considering that we are using 87 octane.  After doing the simple math our 6 twin turbo cost nearly the same to drive as the sea of turbo 4 bangers out there that produce less power and require premium gas at almost a buck more a gallon or $15+more per fill up.  Not going to lie, I was kinda hoping for 25 mpg but at 22 I am above the combined windows sticker estimate and I have never enjoyed driving a car so much.

Anyone else care to add their model, driving habits and mpg?

I drive most of the time around the city of Killeen TX except when I have VA appointments then I drive to Temple TX and right now I average around town 21.2 MPG.

Its a 2014 2.0 and built date is 8/13 and it has 30782 miles.  I use 93 octane.

My split is about 60% city and 40% highway and my 2017 3.0 AWD averages 18.2 on the vehicle computer.

I have a '13, 3.7 that gets 16 mpg in town with heavy takeoff, and 24 mpg on the highway driving 70-80. AC is always on, as my model doesn't have an active AC off switch. 

2.0, I get 24.5 mixed driving and 28 - 29 on the highway on 89 octane. And I have a lead foot.

Edited by MKZMark

Fuelly.com is a useful site (and app) for logging fill-ups and tracking mpg's