Jump to content
   
Chicho

Buying a fully loaded 2013 Hybrid MKZ

Recommended Posts

Hello folks, first time poster here.

 

I'm about to close a deal on a 2013 Hybrid MKZ (Crystal Champagne could not find Platinum White) fully loaded with Panoramic sunroof with 54K miles, the car looks pristine. I'm having the car shipped to PA from TX. I'm getting it for 17K out the door, and paying $850 to have it shipped. Am I crazy to be paying this much for a 5 year old car. Was not able to find a better deal or a newer one within that budget with a panoramic roof. Will I be able to get at least 5 dependable years out of it? 

Question for those that know, do all MKZ's that have adaptive cruise control have a HUD system as well? Is it possible that it can have adaptive cruise control but not collision mitigation? I ask this because the window sticker makes no mention of collision mitigation option but the Ford Etis VIN tool mentions it.

Also any way to update the system to stop and go adaptive cruise control like the newer models.

Thanks all.

2018-09-05 08_45_19-Window.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   

Hi Chicho.  Congratulations on your new MKZ and welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum!

Too many variables to be able to tell you about the deal you got (we can't see the car etc.). Have you worked up the KBB and other resource used car prices online? That is your best bet as opposed to a bunch of random opinions from a bunch of Internet mooks like us who have never seen the car.  🙃

MKZ's do not have a HUD system, except for the "collision mitigation system" (a line of red lights will light up if system senses a possible collision). It is possible to have adaptive cruise control without collision mitigation.  And no, to my knowledge it is not possible (within any reason) to retrofit stop and go cruise to an older model.

Assuming it is in good condition now, if you take care of and maintain your MKZ, it should give you far more than 5 dependable years.

Keep us updated on your decision and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad you wouldn't like a Bordeaux (burgundy) colored, Charcoal interior, 2013 hybrid with 37k and fully loaded with panoramic roof, I'd sell mine for $18.5k.  I just bought a 2017 and really don't need 2 cars.  And I'm in NY.  Right around the corner from you (kind of).  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chris109 said:

Too bad you wouldn't like a Bordeaux (burgundy) colored, Charcoal interior, 2013 hybrid with 37k and fully loaded with panoramic roof, I'd sell mine for $18.5k.  I just bought a 2017 and really don't need 2 cars.  And I'm in NY.  Right around the corner from you (kind of).  🙂

Too bad is not a White Platinum White if so I would have consider it (I do drive to NY at least once a month takes me an hour and a half)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to rain on your parade, but be sure this TX car was not flooded in last year's deluge.  We bought our 2015 MKZ in early Sept 2017 just before those storms supposedly damaged  a very large number of cars.  Of course our dealer turned that into "demand for a million replacement vehicles will spike so it's good you are buying this now".

Good luck and ask to see the CarFax!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jmcgliss said:

Not to rain on your parade, but be sure this TX car was not flooded in last year's deluge.  We bought our 2015 MKZ in early Sept 2017 just before those storms supposedly damaged  a very large number of cars.  Of course our dealer turned that into "demand for a million replacement vehicles will spike so it's good you are buying this now".

Good luck and ask to see the CarFax!

Thanks for the info, the carfax is clean. I'm having second thoughts now, on the papers the dealer send they are selling the car "as is" not even a 1 month or 3 month 2000 miles as is usual of dealers around here. The salesman said no dealer in texas offers warranty on used cars. They also send me the wrong title to sign for the transfer, It got on my mind that if I had the right title I could find the last owner's info and call to find out the state of the car. Anyways I've asked for a picture of the title and they said they will check if they have it since now they are saying that all I need to sign is a transfer form. I'm weary now and have found a white 2016 Fusion Energy SE Luxury with 18K miles that I can probably get for the same 17K out the door. It doesn't have as many toys but leather, sunroof and navi should suffice. Really wanted the MKZ.

Edited by Chicho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chicho said:

Thanks for the info, the carfax is clean. I'm having second thoughts now, on the papers the dealer send they are selling the car "as is" not even a 1 month or 3 month 2000 miles as is usual of dealers around here. The salesman said no dealer in texas offers warranty on used cars. They also send me the wrong title to sign for the transfer, It got on my mind that if I had the right title I could find the last owner's info and call to find out the state of the car. Anyways I've asked for a picture of the title and they said they will check if they have it since now they are saying that all I need to sign is a transfer form. I'm weary now and have found a white 2016 Fusion Energy SE Luxury with 18K miles that I can probably get for the same 17K out the door. It doesn't have as many toys but leather, sunroof and navi should suffice. Really wanted the MKZ.

Hi Chichco.  I think perhaps you should follow your second thoughts. Things seem a little shady and you should not purchase an "as is" car unseen.  I also find it highly unlikely that "no dealer in Texas offers warranty on used cars". I would recommend walking away from this one.

Keep us updated and good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Chicho,  If you really want an MKZ don't rush yourself to it keep looking online like in auto trader or cars.com and you will find what you really want.

Sometimes it just takes time.  Good luck on your search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chicho said:

Thanks for the info, the carfax is clean. I'm having second thoughts now, on the papers the dealer send they are selling the car "as is" not even a 1 month or 3 month 2000 miles as is usual of dealers around here. The salesman said no dealer in texas offers warranty on used cars. They also send me the wrong title to sign for the transfer, It got on my mind that if I had the right title I could find the last owner's info and call to find out the state of the car. Anyways I've asked for a picture of the title and they said they will check if they have it since now they are saying that all I need to sign is a transfer form. I'm weary now and have found a white 2016 Fusion Energy SE Luxury with 18K miles that I can probably get for the same 17K out the door. It doesn't have as many toys but leather, sunroof and navi should suffice. Really wanted the MKZ.

Before I found the MKZs, I was looking at the Energi.  Talk about about no trunk space.  That was the main reason why I did not get one.  I like to go on trips, but there was really only enough room for a duffel bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with your search. Let us know when you find what you really want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×