Zalvern

The End of my 2017 MKZ

"You pulled out WAY TOO QUICKLY when you clearly didn't have the opportunity to."

Um, what the hell does that even mean?  You didn't have the chance to pull out, but you did.  Huh?  This is one of those guys that is just trying to stir the pot, for some reason.

But, as I said in a previous post, you took the hit in the back.  If you didn't, the person on your right might have been seriously injured from the truck.  Think of it as saving someone's life.

And can you put the guy's name up?  If I happen to find him on a beach, I could always accidentally kick sand up one of the legs of his wet bathing trunks when he's lying down. 🤙

Really, how long are you supposed to wait at a light when it turns green...in the D.C. area, people are honking their horns for you to go in anticipation of it turning green. There is no way the other light wasn't red and there is an expectation that other vehicles will be stopping at the light, not cruising through it to T bone you and drive off down the road.

Edited by Dismonkey1

10 hours ago, fusionff said:

That's a great video, I plan on installing front & rear cameras in my Z (Possibly the same cameras) when the weather warms up a bit.  t113007.gif

On another note, I am in possession of your center armrest. t2007.gif Since I'm keeping my car for a long time (Hopefully), the one part that always wears out is that armrest pad.  Now I have a BL interior armrest ready for when & if I need it.

Good planning. Take good care of the spare armrest too, keep it treated with a leather preservative etc. I had my old one saved from my 91 LSC SE, but in the garage and not treated since my wreck in 1997. The leather is pretty hard and rough compared to when I removed it in 1998. Untreated even nice leather will go bad, stored away out of the weather.

19 hours ago, fusionff said:

That's a great video, I plan on installing front & rear cameras in my Z (Possibly the same cameras) when the weather warms up a bit.  t113007.gif

On another note, I am in possession of your center armrest. t2007.gif Since I'm keeping my car for a long time (Hopefully), the one part that always wears out is that armrest pad.  Now I have a BL interior armrest ready for when & if I need it.

Glad a part of my car will serve another well. I could easily say my car after I tackled its gremlins had good parts going for it. I used a quality cleaning agent for the leather to keep it fresh.

The Aukey DR02 is a great deal for its price. I recommend getting OBDII Power switches and a dash cam hard wiring kit (though great for any dash cam really). This lets you choose when to turn on the camera (and leave it running as long you want) or off freely. It's also a good setup for Radar Detectors, as I use for my Uniden R3.

If you have the rear powered sunshade, the rear camera unit will still allow it to work without the shade getting stuck. It was a big reason why I went with Aukey for my MKZ. I tried many other rear units and they were too fat or odd shaped to work with the rear powered sunshade. Not to mention, one of the only dual cam packages that have a 1080p rear recording unit (most others are 720p and resolution is better over FPS in my opinion).

15 hours ago, Izzy3906 said:

Great video. The person who left you that negative comment must be the other guys cousin trying to defend him with no reason.

Immediately my suspicion and what all others family and friends have believed too. Trolling is one thing, but I decided to take this step to represent why dash cams help you against false claims. Especially when they just go full on dumb denial mode. Online or in reality.

12 hours ago, Chris109 said:

"You pulled out WAY TOO QUICKLY when you clearly didn't have the opportunity to."

Um, what the hell does that even mean?  You didn't have the chance to pull out, but you did.  Huh?  This is one of those guys that is just trying to stir the pot, for some reason.

But, as I said in a previous post, you took the hit in the back.  If you didn't, the person on your right might have been seriously injured from the truck.  Think of it as saving someone's life.

And can you put the guy's name up?  If I happen to find him on a beach, I could always accidentally kick sand up one of the legs of his wet bathing trunks when he's lying down. 🤙

This special one is just spouting nonsense due to lack of understanding how traffic laws even work. He has never had a car and I doubt does even now, given his "blogging efforts". He is not a very bright individual when a few google efforts reveal much I need to know: Full real name, date of birth, and clear face shot along with life style which is how I learned such things. I mean dang, I don't do social media even though I have a leveled head about things yet this guy tries to stir the pot, butt naked with information! This is actually why I chose to blur his name out, and even then adept background hunters still could easily catch him.

At this point if he dares, retaliates with a threat of any kind, I got myself a easy defense charge with law enforcement. Being online won't save at all if you're figured out. So I'll just bask in that knowledgeable delight. If he chooses poor actions and choices like his "friend did", he will suffer consequences too.

This guy really is a poster example of your stereotype liberal-minded entitled millennial generation. Sad to say when I myself, am a part of his age bracket (I really relate better with Gen X minds).

He wanted attention, and well he's got it! I would pity him if he didn't go slinging turd words around like a angry monkey (his original comment was actually more foul than the one I put in the video that he must of attempted to edit).

Edited by Zalvern