Sign in to follow this  
JoeBrown

Lost HD Radio

The other day while driving and listening to HD radio the station "went away". Just figured it was my location. Later determined that Sync was no longer recognizing HD Radio stations.

I do know that there is an extended warranty on the APIM and I will take it to the dealer.

Is this the type of problem I would experience if there was a problem with the APIM?

Did you check settings for HD on/off, Joe?  Those gremlins that come out at night might have changed something.  My wife's phone was set as the priority.  The other day, I started the car and it connected to my phone with both phones present.  When I checked the settings, it had magically switched priorities.  Nobody had touched anything. :headscratch:

The switch for HD is illuminated.

I was driving along and the station (WNEW 102.7-HD2) just disappeared. When I try to connect I get "station not available". The station is on the air I can get it in the house. I did a scan for HD stations and none were found. The regular (HD-1) station is fine.

Other than this problem the Sync system seems to be working just fine.

The APIM does handle HD but it's odd that you can get HD1 but not HD2.  Did you try HD3?  Maybe try a master reset.  You can put the system into diagnostic mode and check the APIM.  IDK if this will help you any but FWIW, here is a demo for a Ford but yours should be similar.

That brought back memories.  I used to listen to 102.7 WNEW-FM in the 60s & 70s, when album rock was big on FM radio.  Scott Muni, Allison Steele-The Nightbird, etc.  Great times!

HD-1 is the regular frequency 102.7.

HD-2, HD-3 is a slightly different frequency. It's apparently only recognizing the regular frequency and not the offsets.

Since the APIM does control this issue that's where the problem is. Now I know why they extended the warranty on the APIM. ;)

Will be checking with the dealer soon.

I dropped my car at the dealer's this morning will advise the solution.

Edited by JoeBrown

I had other work being done and car was there for 2 days.

When I asked them about the HD Radio they said it was working fine. Now, I know it wasn't working a few weeks before I took it in and,  when I dropped it off.

Bottom line it was working fine. Hey, a Miracle happened. 😂

So this case is closed.

BTW They changed all my lug nuts for free. I have the premium care extended warranty.

Edited by JoeBrown