Sign in to follow this  
Chris109

Grabbing Brakes

Whenever brakes get wet (raining), they seem to grab more than under dry, normal conditions.  Almost as if I was really slamming on them.  If they were in wet conditions, and I back out of my garage, there is a popping (?) noise, like a loose ball joint, from the driver's side brakes. Are Hybrid brakes different that non-hybrid brakes?

Yes they are different, like what are on the Fusion, base model MKZ's have a larger rotor and different calipers.

Sounds like a sticking caliper slide.

He's asking about Hybrid brakes.  They do operate differently but needs to hear from a Hybrid owner.

I'm moving the topic to the Hybrid forum.

Edited by drolds1

Over 50K miles on my 2014MKZh and never heard any popping noise backing up in wet weather and applying the brakes. (I do not back out of my garage as I back in :) )

Don't forget that part of the Hybrid braking system is the hydro/motor/generator action that engages thus returning power to the battery

This may be a dealer check for me.  But then I should go back to them.  I may be doing their dealership worker's apparel line, so I guess I should kiss some butt. :puppy_kiss:

Edited by Chris109

I have experienced this issue. It was a sticking caliper slide. Lincoln makes an updated rebuild kit that hopefully will prevent this pattern failure in the future. I'm not 100% sure, but this most likely will apply to all models regardless of power train.