• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
IDMACD

2015 MKZ 2.0 Eco Hard 2-3 Shift

Anybody else have a hard shift going from 2-3?  I'm not talking about a subtle shift, I'm talking about a shift where you feel it in your whole body.  Car is going back to the dealer soon, and will have them address this (possible TCM/PCM software upgrade).

Some 6F35s have exhibited hard shifting since the trans was introduced for the 2010MY.  See here

See if your dealer will pull an OASIS report for you to see if this has been addressed before.   Issues have been known to recur after repairs.  

Let us know what happens.

I've been havn this issue with my 2013 4 a while now & very aggravating..I've had it at the dealer numerous times...more than 4-5 times & still drives the same..they had it 4 about a month 1 time with the transmission out...got tired of takn it 4 nuthn! I drove another 2013 & felt like it drove the same??? I just dont remember my car ever drivn like that when I got it???

My 2013 MKZ has the same problem. Ford dealer gave me a copy of Ford to dealer notice on this problem, which states it is considered "normal" after the car sits for a while. I'ts supposed to go away after you get the trans. hot. Mine didn't go away, it did lessen a little, but it still "bangs" into 3rd gear. Going to change ATF to see if it solves this problem.