Sign in to follow this  
Clevelandcoupe

2016 Heated seats not working, electric smell

Forum,

Hello, we have a new issue with my problematic 2016. My wife has been telling me she smelled an odor of a burnt smell for the last few weeks. I was unable to drive the car until yesterday and I had to pull over and open the windows the smell was so bad. We tried turning off the climate control with no changes and decided to turn off the heated seats and the smell still lingered. After a couple stops, we noticed the smell was gone and the heated seats on both sides were not working and the smell had mysteriously disappeared. Is this a coincidence ? or just another issue ? 

Has anyone had or heard of this issue ? 

Your help would be appreciated.....

Thanks, Jay

My suggestion is take it to the dealer hopefully it is still under warranty 

before it gets any worst if it is an electrical issue and catch on fire.

Hope you get it resolve and turns out all good.

You haven't said if you have the climate controlled seats or the standard, heated-only ones.

I'm having trouble understanding why you'd wait weeks to investigate a burning smell.  As Izzy says, you could be risking an electrical fire.  Warranty or no warranty, you need to have this looked at right away.

Sirs,

I have the climate controlled seats and I do not drive the car very often. My wife held off telling me about it because this car has had so many issues.

I am having her schedule an appointment with the dealer this week. I just thought maybe this issue has happened to someone else......

Thanks, Jay