Sign in to follow this  
Mblincoln

2010 Lincoln mkz cd block

I can’t put a cd cause it’s block with a metal piece can any body help me

post-2644-0-23927700-1507239934_thumb.jpeg

post-2644-0-27874600-1507239961_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Mblincoln

Can't really tell from the pics but the transport mechanism that loads and ejects the CDs may be stuck.  You could try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and see if it resets itself.  It may just be broken and you could take it to a shop that does repairs for the dealer or replace the head unit altogether.  Or you could just listen to music on a flash drive, as many people are doing nowadays.  CD players in cars will probably go the way of cassette players within a few years.

I try disconnecting the battery and connecting it again but that didn’t do anything only reset the radio. I don’t listen to cds I just want to update the navigation but I can’t put the disc in

If you pry apart the felt dust guard i bet you will find that is a coin or something. You probably have to remove the unit to get it out though, or just not be gentle. I'd probably take it in, or look up the exploded diagram on a pay website.

Is it possible that a CD is stuck half-way loaded? This happens frequently in any car and is easily rectified.