Sign in to follow this  
Tbrecheen

2014 MKZ adaptive headlights

Newbie hear looking for info.Do all 2014 MKZ's come standard with adaptive headlights?. I have the original window sticker and it shows I do have them but they are not working. I searched the vehicle settings and went to lighting but there is nothing to select there. Any thoughts?. Thanks for any light, no pun intended, anyone can shed on this.

Have you tried at night when you turn on your MKZ you should see the lights calibrate on the wall.

Make sure the switch is in auto.

Thanks Izzy I'll try that. Is their a way to turn on the adaptive headlights that you know of if they are not working? I have a Lexus and you can really see them work when i turn a corner. Thank you so much for your reply.

Not that I know off, but I can tell you at least on my MKZ I can barely see them move when I am driving but they do move

because I have seen them.

In addition to what Izzy says, if they're not working, you should have a "Check Adaptive Headlamps"  alert in the message center.

Thanks for all the replies. I checked it out on start up and both lights moved to the right about a foot and came back to center. They never moved to the left at all. Seems like a video I've seen on YouTube shows the lights moving right and then to the left and coming back to center. I have many friends at a local Lincoln dealer here in Houston but I hate to look stupid if there's nothing wrong with my car. Thanks again everybody.

They only move right and then back to center.  They're not supposed to move left during the self-check.   Note also that they rotate a maximum of 20º.   It's not designed to do a full sweep.

Thanks drolds.