Sign in to follow this  
jm98

2014 MKZh SYNC 3.6

Just wanted to confirm with fellow MKZh 14 owners. Is your SYNC at v3.6?  Mine shows last updated Nov. 2013. its seems a decade ago now.

How did you verify that?

Aaaahh good question now. It's been a week.  I believe, I went to download updated SYNC @ Lincoln web site via my VIN registration process and got a message on URL indicating my MKZ had latest SYNC from Nov 2013...

Mine's SYNC2 v3.6 as well.

Edited by GeorgeS

Date Confirmed:Oct 14, 2015

Version:SYNC2 - V3.8

Looks like you got creative and downloaded Ford version of SYNC... 3.8 or is it 2015/16 MKZh?

No.... dealer updated it last

I believe they were trying to correct an issue

Edited by R2D2

No.... dealer updated it last

I believe they were trying to correct an issue

Okay... Was issue addressed?  I wonder it's common issue across board on MKZh 3.6 release.

Mine is at 3.8 to from the dealer. I just told them my "iPhone" cannot do the Siri Hands-free....... I don't own an iPhone

Okay... Was issue addressed?  I wonder it's common issue across board on MKZh 3.6 release.

Sorry jm98, I though I had answered you question .... I believe it was a phone connection issue as well.... my phone is a Android Samsung Rugby Pro, btw it did not clear up the issue

Phone issue is as follows

When the phone is first "paired" with SYNC in the MKZ all is fine including being able to receive text messages via either having it talk to you or review the message on the screen. After a few days the text function pairing no longer functions and the only way to get it back is to delete the pairing and re-pair the phone all over again.

BTW 3.8 did not solve that issue and I just live with it, I need to get a new phone one of these days

bummer, wonder if it's unit specific issue like hardware or wiring related.  Probably good excuse to upgrade Infotainment system from 17 model year.

bummer, wonder if it's unit specific issue like hardware or wiring related.  Probably good excuse to upgrade Infotainment system from 17 model year.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of doing that or maybe just get an 18  ;)

Good point.  I will jump to 17 myself in next year or two here as I am now seeing some in Pre-Owned lots at local dealership. There should be more 17 model year lease returns show up in certified pre-owned lots in next few months.   Before that I like to put some mileage on my 14 and enjoy while I can.