Sign in to follow this  
verona247

2014 MKZ no more indicator lights on the rear ceiling

Hi everyone, I have noticed recently that the small white indicator lights in the headliner are out on my MKZ. When driving at night, they aren't illuminated, but if I turn of the headlights, they come on. The actual light will still work if you wave your hand as if the indicator was there, but it is as if the locator mini lights are working in reverse. Does anyone have any suggestions? This may have happened after doing an upgrade to Sync2 v3.10, but I am not totally sure about that.

I don't have suggestions yet. We've had our 2015 for two days and tonight I noticed the rear ceiling "light dots" and red door lock LED's remained lit for quite a long time.  More settings to explore? 

After cycling the locks and the "door lights" switch in the upper console a few times we checked back after dinner - the interior is now dark.

Perhaps having the key fob near the vehicle (or not) makes a difference.

My dots stay on for a long time also... what do you mean "cycling the locks and the "door lights" switch in the upper console a few times?" I want to try that! 

Edited by dmk32

dmk32, with the 2015 being a new car to us, all I tried was fat-fingering the driver's side door lock switch and various switches in the overhead console to see what would happen. We've only driven it twice at night, so still getting used to various settings.