Sign in to follow this  
Swaletz Boampong

SecuriCode not working

So after the rain yesterday, I tried opening my car via the keypad code, and it didn't light up. I had tried couple of times it worked in the rain before yesterday. Today, as the sun was shining, I tried again and it worked. Was it the rain? NO!!. After I came home, I tried again in the evening and only the red dot will blink, but none of the keys lights up. 9-0 will lock it which means, something is holding the 7-8 already. Has anybody had this issue before?

So after the rain yesterday, I tried opening my car via the keypad code, and it didn't light up. I had tried couple of times it worked in the rain before yesterday. Today, as the sun was shining, I tried again and it worked. Was it the rain? NO!!. After I came home, I tried again in the evening and only the red dot will blink, but none of the keys lights up. 9-0 will lock it which means, something is holding the 7-8 already. Has anybody had this issue before?

Probably because it was wet.  Just like a touch screen on a phone it doesn't work well wet.

Probably because it was wet.  Just like a touch screen on a phone it doesn't work well wet.

It's designed not to be affected by rain.

It's a long shot, but check fuse 25 on the left under the steering wheel. Should be a 30A. 

It's designed not to be affected by rain.

Well they can say that but I know from experience mine is flaky when it's raining.  I usually wipe it down if I need to use it and it's wet.

Never had a problem in rain. This is my ninth FoMoCo car with a keypad.

Never had a problem in rain. This is my ninth FoMoCo car with a keypad.

Never had a problem with my LS or Sable but those had physical buttons my MKZ with the "hidden" keypad is hit or miss when wet but mostly miss.

That included two MKZs with hidden keypads.

We recently had quite a bit of rain in my area. This conversation caused me to check it out. Over 3 days it never failed.