Sign in to follow this  
brentonm74

2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD 400HP Borla PRO XS Installed

I recently installed Borla Pro XS on my new 2017.I wanted to share if someone is looking to upgrade their system also.Borla Pro XS is the way to go if you want quiet at idle and cruise but with a nice rumble and mean under WOT.

Sounds great! Did you just swap the muffler and leave the rest of the exhaust stock? Are there two mufflers or one large one? And what part number?

Edited by Airflow

Thanks. Yes. I just swapped out the large muffler in the rear that has the two dual coming in and out. I had 2 Borla Pro XS installed. Part number 40358. These are the 14" overall 19" mufflers. Don't get anything larger they wont fit at the rear sway bar. Ill upload a photo of what it looks like underneath now

Some before and after picture.

post-933-0-49922400-1479758231_thumb.jpg

post-933-0-68207500-1479758239_thumb.jpg

post-933-0-90415300-1479758246_thumb.jpg

post-933-0-41135200-1479758273_thumb.jpg

I really like what you did there. Can you post an idle video recorded outside the car with some revving?

Yep.Ill get some tomorrow and upload them

I'm going to do some go pro exterior WOT today

So u have the two borla mufflers. Is there anything besides it being welded on one side holding it up? Did u attach anything else to the borla muffler so it stays up? Thanks

hahaha hey maybe I'll see you on my way from work one day

nice car though, it looks like it has the get up and go I wish I had in mine, I went from a mustang as a daily to my 2.0T

glad I am keeping a mustang as a summer car lol

Was the weight saving significant?

GREAT post! Thanks for the info. I have always updated my exhaust on many of my previous cars except the last one (Grand marquis) as the main reason I settled in with a large boat was I was tired of always "modifying/hot-rodding" my cars (a person problem, I know). I swore I'd leave it stock except for tint and stereo...and I did....but after 18 months, this hot-rodder got BORED....so, enter my '15 MKZ 3.7 AWD.

I love the car, but know deep down, I will add exhaust....just still new to the car and unfamiliar with what options are out there, and who I'd trust to do it. I am so glad I saw this thread. Thank you.

On 11/22/2016 at 6:40 AM, brentonm74 said:

I'm going to do some go pro exterior WOT today

Do you still like this setup