Sign in to follow this  
8smitty

3.7 Exhaust? Guess I'll try custom

To start I've always been a Ford car enthusiast...I started with a first gen Sho...10+ mustangs...Focus svt and most recently traded my 13 Focus ST on a really loaded 16 MKZ 3.7....wanted something smooth and comfortable for my 70 mile daily round trip for work. I've always modded my cars as that is my passion...I've already contacted SCT to see if they will support tuning for the 3.7 and now am going to have my exhaust guy try a few set ups to give it a better tone but nothing annoying...first I'm going to try a resonator delete and see what that sounds like...if bad I'll put on another resonator and try maybe a flowmater 44 and go from there...what's everyone's thoughts.

post-2102-0-38619300-1479428862_thumb.jpg

Seems like the 3.7 doesn't get much love with mods lol. What setup did you end up with if you've made a decision. I'm currently in the process of modding my 3.7

I used a Magnaflow 12266 on my 2.0. Good sound, no drone, and quite until you step on it. I actually wouldn't mind it being a bit louder to be honest. Don't know the configuration of the 3.7 exhaust but am sure you could have a muffler shop put something together for you. Recommend it to everyone not looking for a straight pipe or fart can exhaust sound.

I just purchased a MagnaFlow "cat-back" stainless steel system for my 2016 Black Label 3.7L. I'll install it the Saturday.

I just purchased a MagnaFlow "cat-back" stainless steel system for my 2016 Black Label 3.7L. I'll install it the Saturday.

I had that system on my 2000 Lincoln LS.

I ended up just doing a muffler delete on my 3.7 and I like the way it sounds. It's not too loud but it has a deep growl. There's a slight drone but not too noticeable.

Does anyone have a sound clip of what they've done?

Hello everyone 2028 MKZ RESERVE 3.0T

I have 4500 just did my first oil change and added the tune from livernoise motorsport. I too was thinking of doing a exhaust system. 

This is my first Lincoln and I love it . I usually drive and still own mustangs 

and still drive a 99 mustang cobra Saleen rep modded with bassani mid length headers and magnaflow exhaust. I was thinking that on these Lincoln’s a titanium exhaust might just do the trick. What does everyone think .

also currently k&n does not make a air filter for my car just a cabin and oil filter.

would love to hear your thoughts . 

A51A5D96-C321-46FD-A2DB-D1947A81D05C.jpeg