2017 build & price

brucelinc

I also noticed these features on the highest trim level (Reserve, 600A):

• Mirrors - Body-Color, Power Glass and Manual Fold, Puddle Lamp, Driver/Passenger Memory
  • Steering Wheel - Leather-Wrapped, Leather-Wrapped driver airbag, Speed and Redundant Audio Controls, Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column

Why so many manual features on a 2017-model luxury car? Let's hope these are errors that will be fixed/updated, and that Lincoln is not taking a step backwards...

Edited by Myron D. Brown

I also noticed these features on the highest trim level (Reserve, 600A):

• Mirrors - Body-Color, Power Glass and Manual Fold, Puddle Lamp, Driver/Passenger Memory
  • Steering Wheel - Leather-Wrapped, Leather-Wrapped driver airbag, Speed and Redundant Audio Controls, Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column

Why so many manual features on a 2017-model luxury car? Let's hope these are errors that will be fixed/updated, and that Lincoln is not taking a step backwards...

I'm sure those will still be available.  This build & price area is really inadequate and confusing.  I don't see ambient lighting mentioned anywhere either, unless I missed it.  Certainly possible.  It also seems that LED head lights are no longer standard.  The list of standard equipment now shows HID head lamps with LED signature.  Apparently, you'll have to opt for the $4400 "Luxury Package"  to get the LED head lights that came standard before.    Are they kidding?  The only other thing this package includes is the upgraded Revel sound system.  The 3.7L engine is dropped.  It's either the 2.0 or the 3.0TT. IMO, they should offer the 2.7TT I think it's a mistake not to have a middle choice.  I think they should offer the 2.7TT as well for those that want more than the 2.0 but don't want to go whole hog.  Some options show prices while others do not.  When you click on  "Details" for the various choices, there are none.  All it shows are what models these choices are available on.  I clicked on the aluminum [interior] trim package and it still shows a picture of the interior with wood trim.  When I ordered mine, I wanted that but it was only available with black interior but at least the site mentioned that.    I could go on.  This is a hot mess as it stands now but the Lincoln website has always been lacking, IMO.

This site was not really ready for prime time.  I just did the build & price for the 2016 model and changed the year to 2017 in the URL.  I was surprised that it worked at all.  In any case, I too was shocked at the $4,400 luxury package that seems to only include the LED lights and the upgraded audio.  The 2016 models had the power tilt/telescope wheel with the reserve package so it does seem odd that the 2017 would not.  

When this site is fully operational and available without playing around with the URL, it might look different.....I hope.

Edited by brucelinc

• 3 weeks later...

I attended the Twin Cities auto show yesterday and looked at a 2017 MKZ.  It was a pre-production model and was locked but it clearly had the toggle switch on the steering column indicating that the tilt/telescope was power.  I didn't really notice if the mirrors power folded or not.  I guess I don't know why anyone would fold them.....

I recently had a 2016 loaner and it had power folding mirrors.  It wasn't a highly optioned car.

There are various reasons to fold the mirrors in.  Some people fold the mirrors whenever they park.  There's a drive-through ATM that I frequent that has numerous different color and height scrape marks on the wall next to it where people have hit it with their mirrors.  You're forced to get very close in order to reach the machine and I wouldn't mind having mirrors I could easily fold in from the driver's seat.  My daughter would love to have them, as there's about an inch clearance on both sides their Ford Edge's mirrors when entering their 1940's-era garage.      

There are plenty good reasons to fold them in. Yes...drive-through, ATMS, drive-thru restaurants/banks/pharmacies. Tight parking spots at the grocery store or other places where your mirrors are often hit by shopping cars, baby strollers, or purses/briefcases. Your tight garage/carport. Anywhere where it's a tight space, and you really don't need to see behind you for the moment. I just hope the 2017 has the auto powerfold feature like the MKC and MKX. It folds automatically when you turn off the car.

I don't put my car in tight places but for those that do, I get it. I certainly would not want them to fold automatically unless that "feature" could be turned off.

Understood. But there are those who have no choice. And I think the automatic fold is there so you don't have to remember to do it. The side mirrors are really of no use to you when the car is off and/or unoccupied.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this site? I stumbled across it earlier today:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/price/lincoln_mkz_2017_4dr-sdn-hybrid-premiere-fwd

It seems to give a little more insight than Lincoln.com about packages/options, including the Invoice vs. MSRP for each option. I played around with it and I've noticed a lot of things...

1) The Black Label trim doesn't include an option for the 20-Speaker Revel Audio/Premium Headlights package--I think it must be included, because the starting price for the Black Label trim is way more than the $5,995 premium on the 2015/16 MKZ. (I believe premium floormats and inflatable rear seatbelts are also included with Black Label)

2) The Black Label trim offers an upgrade to panoramic roof for only $1,795. The Reserve trim charges $2,995 for the same upgrade. Hmmm...

3) This website gives a little more information about what the Black Label themes may look like--although there are still no pictures. :( It seems the Thoroughbred and Vineyard themes will have a mostly Jet Black interior, while Chalet will be mostly "cashmere." Hopefully some images surface soon...

Thanks for that site, it was interesting.  I assume there is a moon roof standard and the pano roof is an option.  The way I configured a build it came to $60,000!  I wonder where the Continental will be priced if the MKZ is that expensive.  I think Lincoln needs to have serious incentives in place even at launch if it hopes to compete.

Thanks for that site, it was interesting.  I assume there is a moon roof standard and the pano roof is an option.  The way I configured a build it came to $60,000!  I wonder where the Continental will be priced if the MKZ is that expensive.  I think Lincoln needs to have serious incentives in place even at launch if it hopes to compete.

Hmmm...I never thought of that. I guess that does make sense. On 2016s and before, you could configure the MKZ without any type of moonroof at all. You're probably right...all 2017 Black Labels will probably have a standard moonroof, at the least. That is...if we can believe this website. I've never heard of it, but assuming it's legit, I'll definitely be using these invoices prices to negotiate when I go order mine tomorrow. I just won't let the sales associate know I know about them. :)

Has anyone seen this site? I stumbled across it earlier today:http://www.thecarconnection.com/price/lincoln_mkz_2017_4dr-sdn-hybrid-premiere-fwdIt seems to give a little more insight than Lincoln.com about packages/options, including the Invoice vs. MSRP for each option. I played around with it and I've noticed a lot of things...1) The Black Label trim doesn't include an option for the 20-Speaker Revel Audio/Premium Headlights package--I think it must be included, because the starting price for the Black Label trim is way more than the $5,995 premium on the 2015/16 MKZ. (I believe premium floormats and inflatable rear seatbelts are also included with Black Label)2) The Black Label trim offers an upgrade to panoramic roof for only $1,795. The Reserve trim charges $2,995 for the same upgrade. Hmmm...3) This website gives a little more information about what the Black Label themes may look like--although there are still no pictures. :( It seems the Thoroughbred and Vineyard themes will have a mostly Jet Black interior, while Chalet will be mostly "cashmere." Hopefully some images surface soon...

I was at the NY auto show last week and they had a 2017 prototype locked up in a back room where they had a Revel sound display. There was a touch screen with the various BL choices available. There wasn't too much information available outside of the theme choices and the paint colors available with those choices. The car on display, he however, looked gorgeous. It was one of the new Chroma colors. I don't remember which onepost-5-0-25331500-1459799052_thumb.jpg

Edited by drolds1

That makes sense, drolds. Yes, the ATM drive through is a bit tight. I have never had folding mirrors but I do have to be very careful at the ATM and then lean far out the window to reach it.

Pic of the ATM I frequent. I think every popular color of every car and truck side mirror is showing on that wall. :ohsnap:

post-5-0-76869500-1459801820_thumb.jpg

We had been talking about this earlier...

According to p. 94 of the Owner's Manual:

The exterior mirrors automatically fold in

toward the glass after you place the

transmission into park (P), turn off the vehicle,

open and close the driver's side door and

lock the vehicle. The exterior mirrors

automatically unfold and return to their

driving position after you unlock the vehicle

and open and close the driver's side door.

They usually have that stuff online much earlier. Actually the 2017 MKC owner's manual has been online for over a month...but only as a website, not a PDF. I'm sitting in the dealership now and they printed and gave me the 2017 MKZ Black Label Order Guide. Looks like the Full LED Headlights and 20-Speaker Revel Audio System are definitely standard on the Black Label trim. As well as inflatable seats and a moonroof. They build it into the price, so you don't have an option. Ha!! There's some details about the three Black Label themes...basically the same things I found on that website yesterday. But still no pictures. :(

Edited by Myron D. Brown

It turns out everything on that website was 100% accurate. I'm not sure who owns the website or where they got their information, but it was spot on. When they built (ordered) mine today, they got the same price I had configured using this website. Unfortunately, they said there are "no incentives" at this time, being that the class is so new. But they did offer me $1,000 off.

I guess $1000 of sticker is better than nothing.  You may be one of the first to own one of these vehicles so there is always a price to be paid for that privilege.  You said in another thread you are under no obligation to buy it and get your deposit back so that is a good deal right there.  I hope to do the same thing in a few months so maybe by then they will have some incentives in place.  Keep us up to date and thanks for all the information.