Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rockford PS-8

subs amp speaker stereo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tysmagic

tysmagic

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationNashville, TN
  • My MKZ's Year:2012
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2012 MKZ

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

I stumbled on to a friend from work working on the sub in his car the other day and it got me itching to add a little bass to my factory radio system. I've been through the multiple large subs and amps phase in my life and I still want a lot of usable space in my trunk. 

I remembered back in my retail electronics days I sold some car stereo set ups for single cab trucks that were super slim lined and I remembered being mildly satisfied with the sounds of a bazooka tube. 

I started my search with that in mind, then stumbled on to self-contained super slim units! Pretty much every manufacturer makes some version that is able to be slid under a seat. One that seems to be brand new on the market as of this year is the Rockford PS-8. It drew me in for the quality of rockford and the fact it comes with all the needed wiring plus a bass knob. I am on the hunt for a good deal on one currently.

image.jpg

I plan on installing it in the trunk. Hopefully mounted on the top section near the rear speakers. I'm running the factory head unit. I plan on using an RCA convertor to bum off the rear speaker connections to get sound. Should be a simple set up. Running the power line and finding a good remote line will be the only "difficult" part. The unit does have on/off sensing, but reviews on the actual sensing abilities have been weak for pretty much all manufactures. 

Wanted to get a thread going on it. Will hopefully have one acquired soon and begin an install!

2012 Lincoln MKZ

prior Ford/Mercury/Lincoln's: 2009 Focus SES - 1999 Cougar v6 -1990 Bronco full size
1987 Mustang 5.0 - 1976 Thunderbird - 1976 Continental
Hand full of Rangers and F-series

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ming

ming

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location02116

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:16 AM

I too am looking to add some more bass to my system.  I have 2-12" Hifonics Zeus subs to be powered with a Hifonics Zeus ZRX 1016-4 amp.  I know that running the power supply will be tricky, but I am also looking to find info on removing the radio dash so I can run the RCA's without "making a mess".  I haven't had any luck yet for the 2012 Z.  I may have find a Lincoln mechanic or bring it into a car audio store.

#3 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

I too am looking to add some more bass to my system.  I have 2-12" Hifonics Zeus subs to be powered with a Hifonics Zeus ZRX 1016-4 amp.  I know that running the power supply will be tricky, but I am also looking to find info on removing the radio dash so I can run the RCA's without "making a mess".  I haven't had any luck yet for the 2012 Z.  I may have find a Lincoln mechanic or bring it into a car audio store.

See if this helps.

#4 tysmagic

tysmagic

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Arrived a couple days ago, should have it in the car today! Will post follow up pics
2012 Lincoln MKZ

prior Ford/Mercury/Lincoln's: 2009 Focus SES - 1999 Cougar v6 -1990 Bronco full size
1987 Mustang 5.0 - 1976 Thunderbird - 1976 Continental
Hand full of Rangers and F-series

#5 ming

ming

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Location02116

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

drolds1, thank you for the helpful link.  I opted to have the installation done professionally.  For $100 it saved me a lot of time and possible aggravation

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subs, amp, speaker, stereo

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·