Even when I have my foot on the brake, I cannot move the gear shift out of park. This is a safety measure that has been on all cars for years now. If the car does not immediately shift out of park, I have to repeatedly tap foot on brake pedal or even repeatedly stomp on it, then the safety switch will work so that I can move the transmission out of park. Sometimes only a few taps, sometimes a minute. Does anyone know the name of the part to replace or otherwise how to fix? I see for some cars it is called the shift actuator, shift safety lock, brake transmission shift interlock solenoid, or neutral safety switch.
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
2011 MKZ hybrid gear shift will not move from park to R or Drivegear shift brake
No replies to this topic