Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Horn sounds

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Brand

Michael Brand

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

I'm trying to find a way, if one is available, to deactivate the car self locking feature when I leave the car,,, with door closed, while running, with the key in my pocket.  The horn sounds twice and locks the car. Is there anyway to disable this feature.

Thanks

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Robert Iggy Cerami

Robert Iggy Cerami

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationRedondo Beach, Ca
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 3.0 AWD Reserve, 1992 MB 500sl 1969 MB 220d

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

I think its a safety thing and can not be disabled.... Its a great feature especially if you have a  Hybrid

#3 KenZ

KenZ

New MKZ Member

• 103 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

I'm trying to find a way, if one is available, to deactivate the car self locking feature when I leave the car,,, with door closed, while running, with the key in my pocket.  The horn sounds twice and locks the car. Is there anyway to disable this feature.

Thanks

Seems like a safety feature to me too and I also don't think there is a way to turn it off.  I like it since I have the MKZ-H and have tried to leave the car several times when the engine was running and I did not know it (especially when I first got it). 

If you just don't want to take the fob out of your pocket and leave it in the car, you could override the feature by leaving your 2nd fob somewhere in the car.  I just tried it and it didn't honk or lock the car as long as the 2nd fob was in the car somewhere.    

#4 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• 348 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

Seems like a safety feature to me too and I also don't think there is a way to turn it off.  I like it since I have the MKZ-H and have tried to leave the car several times when the engine was running and I did not know it (especially when I first got it). 

If you just don't want to take the fob out of your pocket and leave it in the car, you could override the feature by leaving your 2nd fob somewhere in the car.  I just tried it and it didn't honk or lock the car as long as the 2nd fob was in the car somewhere.    

On my 2014 it honks the horn but does not lock the car when the engine is running.

It honks even when I am near the car with the remote or the remote is in the car.

I just assumed it was doing that to remind me that the engine was running and no one was in the driver's seat.

#5 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 941 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

It can't be disabled and it's going to be a mandated in the future.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·