Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2016 Lincoln MKZ Order Guide / Model Year Changes

Best Answer heatherfeather , 29 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

I have had my car two months and like the MyLincoln Touch. It has never been slow to respond or anything. Maybe other manufacturers have better systems. I really have nothing to compare it to as my previous car I had ten years so it lacked that technology. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 348 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

That's fine for folks who have either Apple or Android systems experience and knowledge. There are millions of folks around the world who don't.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationStockbridge , MA
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZh

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

From what I see on the net , the 2017 MKZ will have a changed front grill and small changes to the rear .  Jim

#23 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationStockbridge , MA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZh

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

From I read on the internet the 2017 MKZ will have a major change to the front of the car , much like the new 16 continental .  If that is the case I do not think I am going to like it. I said before that this will work for the continental but would be too square for the sleek lines of the Z , but we will have to wait and see , it may surprise me and look great , if not I buy a 2016 then.  Jim

#24 BlackPano

BlackPano

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Black 3.7 AWD Preferred

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

True, MLT is not very fast. I've had it in my 2009 MKS, 2012 MKZ, and in my current 2015 MKZ. One of my main beefs is that using Voice Controls you are basically navigating the menus with voice, which can be very slow. It's often faster to just touch the screen to get where you need to be.

My own view is that overall, car manufacturers are terrible about developing user interfaces for the infotainment systems. Forget Sync entirely. What needs to happen is for Apple's CarPlay and whatever the Android system is to be implemented in the vehicles ASAP. Apple et al. have the best user interfaces, and if that can be mirrored on the car, the customer will be very happy. Customer is already familiar with the interface and knows how to use it. Car manufacturer costs will go down as they will not need complicated electronics to support the system. Win-Win for everybody.

I have to strongly agree with this. It seems like a constant complaint about most cars is the over complicated, over simplified, too many button, not enough buttons, why aren't there more features, who needs those features...kind of systems. What works for one is atrocious for another. With phones you get to pick what features you want and the complexity of the system, why not have that idea inside of your car? Your smart phone can already control most things in your house (if you really want it to) so you might as well push it into the entertainment system (with wireless charging...of course).

#25 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationU.S.
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

They have made some minor changes since the 2013 redesign. 2015 saw the addition of power folding mirrors and an embedded modem, so that you can use features of the MyLincoln Mobile smartphone app. Besides the "new black" color, 2016 didn't really add much new. But I do LOVE the puddle lamps on the 2016 MKZ. (Have you seen them?)

I'm thinking I'm going to take the plunge and get a Black Label Hybrid next year (2017 model). I also have several hopes/fears about waiting...

1. I've read/seen lots of videos where people complain about all the sliders and touch sensitive buttons. I actually love that design. Especially the way the buttons are virtually invisible until the car is powered on. It's something I haven't seen in any other car. And I'm afraid Lincoln might take it away.
  2. I'm sorts holding out for Sync 3, since I can take advantage of Android Auto, but that really isn't a make or break for me.
  3. I'm hoping that one day the MKZ will get full-range adaptive cruise control--like some of the German luxury cars--complete with autonomous braking. I've read something about Ford's Pedestrian Detection, etc. that's being introduced on the European version of the Fusion now. It's supposed to come to all Fords and Lincolns eventually, but I don't know how soon.
  4. It would also be cool to see the advanced park assist features of the new MKX be brought to the MKZ...e.g. "Park Out Assist" and "Perpendicular Parking Assist." Not absolutely necessary, but I think they're cool features to have.
  5. And my last little pet peeve... with such a technologically advanced car, there has to be some way to design an MKZ with a panoramic roof without that horrible rubber mast antenna on the side. I understand that the little knob on the back of the trunk is for the GPS antenna only. There should be some way that Lincoln can incorporate the radio and embedded modem signals another way. That antenna is so ugly and dated. I read somewhere that if you don't get the panoramic roof, the antenna/signal is embedded into the body of the roof. But with the panoramic roof being glass, that wasn't an option--thus the ugly antenna.

So the waiting game is a gamble. I just don't want to wait so long that they change this body style. The next MKZ body style could be hideous. Then again, we may like the next body style even better. Then I could always do a trade in. And lose 30+% of value. :(

#26 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• 348 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

The  antenna on the non-panoramic roof version has the antenna imbedded in the rear window. They couldn't do that with the panoramic roof.

#27 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZ Black Label AWD 3.7, Jaguar F-type S8, Ducati Diavel

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

Hi joebrown,
I have a 2016 Black Label with a panoramic roof it it doesn't have the eantenna on the quarter pannel. I'm not sure when they stopped putting it there.
  • Myron D. Brown likes this

#28 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Really!? This brought tears of joy to my eyes. LOL. Then I wonder where they're embedding the antenna? Maybe they finally did develop a way to put it into the rear glass somehow...even with the panoramic roof. Hmmm...

#29 Robert Iggy Cerami

Robert Iggy Cerami

New MKZ Member

• 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationRedondo Beach, Ca
  • Current Vehicle:2017 3.0 AWD Reserve, 1992 MB 500sl 1969 MB 220d

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

I do have the adaptive cruise control .. Had it on my 13 and now on my 15... It is amazing living in So Calif with all the traffic on the freeway I just set it at 65 and it will slow down to a crawl  I don't have to do a thing just steer.. I think it disengages at 10 MPH.. So I don't know how much more they can improve on it

Edited by Robert Iggy Cerami, 10 July 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#30 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

That's exactly what I mean. There are some cars that don't disengage at 10 mph, but are able to use adaptive cruise all the way down to a complete stop. However, I believe these cars all have autonomous braking as a feature.

#31 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

bobhamb,

Do you happen to have a picture of your MKZ with a panoramic roof--but no antenna? I asked Lincoln if it was true that they stopped putting it there on 2016 models, and if so, where they were able to embed the antenna. The people I talked to had no clue about this change, so they couldn't help me.

#32 rattln

rattln

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt Louis
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:Prius

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:18 AM

I have a 2015 with a panoramic roof and no antenna!

#33 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:43 AM

Wow, I guess it's not consistent as to when/why they do or don't add that antenna. Maybe we'll get the real answer some day. And you get pretty good AM, FM, and XM reception?

#34 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

I'll take a picture without the entenna when I get home from work (if I remember).

#35 soundwatts

soundwatts

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNY
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 3.7 w/Panoramic Roof

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

2015 here with no antennae  they built it into the rear glass and a little bump on the trunk.

#36 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

Is that a 2015 with a panoramic roof?

#37 rattln

rattln

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt Louis
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:Prius

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

Mine is a 2015 with the panoramic roof.  The AM and FM work just fine.

#38 bobhamb

bobhamb

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

Here's a picture of my 2016 with no antenna. Sirius uses its own antenna, but AM, FM and HD work fine.

No antenna on my car

#39 Myron D. Brown

Myron D. Brown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

Wow...I'm wondering why Lincoln couldn't figure this out in 2013-14!? Awesome.

#40 soundwatts

soundwatts

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNY
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ 3.7 w/Panoramic Roof

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

Yes I have the 2015 panoramic roof no antenna