Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Auto door locks when leaving car

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 StuntBikeJake

StuntBikeJake

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationKansas
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ Eco-Boost, 1984 Cutlass Supreme (x2)

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

The other way is to use the key pad... put your fingers over the 8 and 0 keys for a few seconds and it locks.... just make sure you have your key fob with you or you know your keypad unlock code because if you're key is inside the car it will lock you out ;)

It may be poor form, but I have been leaving my key in the center storage box out of sight for the last 3 months and only using the keypad to unlock and lock the car. I don't even have to carry the fob around which is nice at times... but it does add the extra step to of keying in your code to unlock...

Alot of my customers do this.. even though that it is not advised.. many do it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 NV Rick

NV Rick

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPahrump NV
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ-h

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

The other way is to use the key pad... put your fingers over the 8 and 0 keys for a few seconds and it locks.... just make sure you have your key fob with you or you know your keypad unlock code because if you're key is inside the car it will lock you out ;)

It may be poor form, but I have been leaving my key in the center storage box out of sight for the last 3 months and only using the keypad to unlock and lock the car. I don't even have to carry the fob around which is nice at times... but it does add the extra step to of keying in your code to unlock...

The only problem I see with leaving the fob in the car is when I come out of the grocery store with a cart full of items. As most parking lots are not level, I would hate to have to try to punch in the entry code, hit the trunk release button, and then race back only to see the cart roll into the Mercedes parked down the aisle. At that point, I would try to act casual, get into the car and drive away, leaving the groceries for the Merc owner in compensation for the dent in his $90,000 car. :whistling:

• KenZ likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·