While test driving prior to deciding on the MKZ I found some makes/manufacturers used a friendlier "key". Some not needing a key at all, I.e. push to start and some where the key folded into the FOB making for a compact key fob, one that would be a little more pocket friendly.
I don't need a "remote start" as my MKZ lives inside, just looking for a friendlier key fob arrangement or a retro-fit "push to start".
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Folding key available for MKZ?
1 reply to this topic
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:28 AM
Try Ebay. I found a "flip transponder key" that they claim will work. Also claims that if you have two keys for it, you can program it yourself. It's about $50, not sure how well it works but I'm thinking about it. I like the look of my 2010 key itself, but the remote is kinda ugly. I'll also lose the lincoln emblem if I switch, but I can live with that. Hope it helps.