Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Can I add navigation?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Harbinger

Harbinger

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 51 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ, BMW 535i, BMW 335i Convertible

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

To my 2014 MKZ?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

New MKZ Member

• 397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew Ecoboost

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MLT standard on the 2014 MKZ?  If so, just drop by your dealers parts department and pick up/order the Navigation SD Card (current is A5).  Of course, you will have to also give them around $800.00 for it, and have them activated the navigation function.  (Don't quote me on any of this.  LOL )  :)

#3 StuntBikeJake

StuntBikeJake

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ Eco-Boost, 1984 Cutlass Supreme (x2)

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

I am currently working to see what all needs to be performed to make this a possibility, inserting the A5 card simply is not enough. I do believe the cars without Nav, did ship with all essential hardware (global positioning module) due to observation, if you click on the INFORMATION quadrant on the MLT, then select the button that says WHERE AM I? There is no map, obviously, but it does give you your exact longitude and latitude, and also changes as you drive. Give me a week or so to play with this and see what I can come up with (which modules need reprogrammed, flashed, etc....) I will report back with news either way. I know many that have a vehicle that was purchased without it would like to be able to add it later, or at least know that it could be if desired.

• Robert Iggy Cerami and Harbinger like this

#4 Tucker

Tucker

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MLT standard on the 2014 MKZ?  If so, just drop by your dealers parts department and pick up/order the Navigation SD Card (current is A5).  Of course, you will have to also give them around $800.00 for it, and have them activated the navigation function.  (Don't quote me on any of this.  LOL )  :)

wow 800 seems like alot

#5 Davisjl

Davisjl

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationGeorgia
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

I am currently working to see what all needs to be performed to make this a possibility, inserting the A5 card simply is not enough. I do believe the cars without Nav, did ship with all essential hardware (global positioning module) due to observation, if you click on the INFORMATION quadrant on the MLT, then select the button that says WHERE AM I? There is no map, obviously, but it does give you your exact longitude and latitude, and also changes as you drive. Give me a week or so to play with this and see what I can come up with (which modules need reprogrammed, flashed, etc....) I will report back with news either way. I know many that have a vehicle that was purchased without it would like to be able to add it later, or at least know that it could be if desired.

You'd have to have the dealer add the "app" for navigation, which I am sure they will charge you the retail/invoice price for... and then figure out how to get Ford to "unlock" the system that is coded to your VIN... ;)

Edited by Davisjl, 09 December 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#6 Harbinger

Harbinger

New MKZ Member

• 51 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ, BMW 535i, BMW 335i Convertible

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

wow 800 seems like alot