Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

2007 front lower control arms

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joeydempsey14

Joeydempsey14

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • My MKZ's Year:2007
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:07 MKZ

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

So my wife and I are driving the MKZ cross country this week. It desperately needs ball joints first so I bought all new front control arm assemblies, both forward and rearward. Sadly when I got to swapping the parts it became apparent I had the wrong ones. All the parts were identical except for the spindle on the ball joint. My old parts have a 1 1/4 spindle and the new parts only 3/4. Turns out there are different forward control arms depending on the manufacturing month of the vechicle in this year, thankfully the parts store has them in stock and they are waiting for me to determine whether they are the right ones or not but I am confident they will solve the first problem I have. Less luck with finding the correct rearward arms, none of the local stores have a second listing and I can not find any information on design changes to them mid year. I cannot call to inquire at the dealership until tomorrow monrning, we have to leave in 4 days so I'm on crunch time and I need some help and I need to find these parts! Any info could help, Thanks everyone!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 1,164 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

This seems to indicate 09/03/06 as a  build date of change.

• JoeBrown and R2D2 like this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·