Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rims chipped and would like some help to remedy the problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NavyVet

NavyVet

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Lincoln MKz

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

[b] I own a 2008 Z and today i noticed that 3 of my alloy rims are chipped ( nothing major at all ) instead of sending them to be refurbished i would like to know if anyone can give me some ideas to do it myself , i was thinking maybe some silver paint on such areas and clear varnish..thank you in advance.

Coop :dogwalk:
[i]Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak. Sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 BlackPano

BlackPano

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:Black 3.7 AWD Preferred

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Yes I know this is an old post, but since others could ask in the future I figure I'll answer anyway.

You could do a full restore yourself with a product like plasti dip. It will only last a couple years but is easy to apply and remove.

For a quick fix I would use touch up paint (preferably lighter in color, as the standard color usually comes out dark and dark typically shows worse on silver than lighter. Then clear coat from a rattle can to seal it (tends to blend better than brush on in my experience)

#3 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationStockbridge , MA
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZh

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

NavyVet, I see you live in Mass. , I had my two wheels refinished by Pioneer Vally Wheel repair in Easthampton Mass. 4138857777. He charges 125.00 a wheel , they come out looking brand new. I thought it worth it when a new wheel cost 700.00 from Lincoln. If you live close by he will come to your house.  Jim

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·