Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Rims chipped and would like some help to remedy the problem
Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:15 PM
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:45 PM
You could do a full restore yourself with a product like plasti dip. It will only last a couple years but is easy to apply and remove.
For a quick fix I would use touch up paint (preferably lighter in color, as the standard color usually comes out dark and dark typically shows worse on silver than lighter. Then clear coat from a rattle can to seal it (tends to blend better than brush on in my experience)
Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:19 AM
NavyVet, I see you live in Mass. , I had my two wheels refinished by Pioneer Vally Wheel repair in Easthampton Mass. 4138857777. He charges 125.00 a wheel , they come out looking brand new. I thought it worth it when a new wheel cost 700.00 from Lincoln. If you live close by he will come to your house. Jim