Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:33 PM
According to the manual this is normal if the AWD system overheats? But overheats in 5 miles on a cool day? Does this seem normal? Have any of you ever seen this issue?
- Airflow likes this
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:14 AM
That happened to me once and it was in the 40s. Hadn't driven far at all. I didn't get a choice, though. It just said "AWD Disabled." It was gone on the next start cycle and has never reoccurred. I considered it just one of those glitches in these cars that clears itself.
If you don't see it again, I wouldn't worry too much. Obviously you didn't do anything to overheat the AWD system.
- JoeBrown, Airflow and Oravis like this