Sign in to follow this  
ZED

2017 going in

I was not quite sure where to post this...

So my 2017 MKZ 3.0T has to go in for a few items to be checked now at 7,700 miles first off I have rough idle and I hope line is not one that needs the heads replaced or even worse the entire engine! There is a TSB on some 2.7 ecoboost and Lincoln 3.0T motors built within a particular time frame that had head and oiling issues. The other issue I am having is my entire audio and Nav system just shuts off and decides to re boot on its own when driving. Anyway I will keep you all updated.

I was not quite sure where to post this...

So my 2017 MKZ 3.0T has to go in for a few items to be checked now at 7,700 miles first off I have rough idle and I hope line is not one that needs the heads replaced or even worse the entire engine! There is a TSB on some 2.7 ecoboost and Lincoln 3.0T motors built within a particular time frame that had head and oiling issues. The other issue I am having is my entire audio and Nav system just shuts off and decides to re boot on its own when driving. Anyway I will keep you all updated.

Hi ZED.  Hopefully easy diagnosis and fixes.  Keep us updated and good luck. :)

Is your build date covered by the TSB?

Edited by drolds1

Easiest way to check is pulling the spark plugs. Bad heads result in one plug being wet with oil, but the car otherwise performs just fine and rarely misfires.

Engine replacement is worse with multiple heads being bad and you actually get smoking exhaust and rapid oil loss. Misfires happen frequently. More Powertrain DTCs are visible too.

I've driven mine over 23k miles tuned and it was still hard to get it to misfire with a single bad cylinder head. It just does it when I'm trying to have fun on the throttle (hate it once embarrassed me against a Cadillic...ugh). Finally getting it fixed since I took it to myself to remove the spark plugs and find visible proof "something is wrong".

If intimidated to check spark plugs on this engine, do ask your service dept to do so.

The rebooting Sync 3 can be fixed by updating to the latest version and getting the Drivers Door Module and Audio Control Module Updated to current.

Thanks for the input.... The car goes in on the 18th of April the strange thing is the last few days the idle has been as smooth as glass.

Just a little update I took my 17 MKZ in to the dealer this am I did not bring up the rough idle since it has been smooth for over a week now? So I walk into the service department and I remind the service advisor why I'm here and she asks me "Has the radio/Nav shut off anymore?" I said no not since I made the appointment with you over a week ago..... She looks at me and says hold on a moment then she goes and talks to some guy in the shop then comes back and says if we can't duplicate it then we can't fix it so let me know when or if it does it again.

So I left wondering to myself should they at leased have reset the system or something? Anyway I was a bit shocked they at leased did not even look at it I guess we will see how it goes.