Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Adaptive Cruise Control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mcondo

Mcondo

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Location60305
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:3.7 Black on Black

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:46 AM

Just finished our first road trip in the 2014. Chicago to St Louis and back. Biggest surprise is I love the adaptive cruise control. I thought it would be an annoyance, keeping me from getting too close to the car in front. Instead, it was more like an intro to autonomous driving - the car literally drove itself in terms of speed. Too close, slows you down and maintains, car moves over to right lane, brings you back up to preprogrammed speed. No more hit brakes, slow down, hit resume when clear - a must have for highway driving now that I've experienced it. Probably old news on this forum but new to me. 

I need to work on seat positioning as I did get a little lower back fatigue at the 4 hour mark or so. Got 21.6 mpg, mostly 75 - 80 cruising down 55. 

• Robert Iggy Cerami likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 doug121041

doug121041

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Silver hybrid

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

X2!    One of my favorite features of my 2014 MKZ is the adaptive cruise control.  I use it all the time!   Am anxious to upgrade to a 2017 or newer model where the adaptive cruise stays engaged all the way to a stop and then moves the car forward as the car in front of you moves away from a stop.  Another step along the way to autonomous driving!

#3 DeeCee

DeeCee

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationHot Springs Village, Arkansas
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

I love the stop and go ACC in my 2017. The first few times it is kind of scary in that you approach the car stopping ahead of you and you aren't sure its going to stop, but it always does.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·