Sign in to follow this  
Chris109

30,000 Service

Is this service really necessary for a 2013 MKZh?  I just had oil changed and tires rotated last week and they were really pushing the 30,000 service. 

Hi Chris.  If you had your oil change and tire rotation performed at a Lincoln/Ford Dealer (The Works package), it should have included the Multi-Point Vehicle inspection.  That inspection pretty much includes everything necessary in a 30,000 mile service (assuming no notable service interval differences with the Hybrid models) since other than an oil/filter and tire rotation, it mainly consists of check-this and check-that, and those checks are part of "The Works".  You can see exactly what each recommended service includes by checking the Maintenance Schedule you received when you purchased your car. By being acquainted with your vehicles recommended service schedule, you can avoid feeling pressured. Hope this information helps.

Edited by bbf2530

Have the dealership give you a list of what the 30,000 mile service includes and if it includes doing services that are not recommend in your service manual or doing services really early than the dealer may be trying to make some easy money on you so be careful. Also be careful of things like $90.00 to change an air filter things like that.

Guy was trying to sell me the air filter and cabin filter.  Both were replaced when I bought the car 6 months and 6k miles ago.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Chris109

When ever I buy a car I pick up a new air filter to have on the shelf when needed and If I am going in for say a 30k dealer service I throw it in that way they don't try and sell me a new $100.00 filter! There are several good aftermarket filters on the market that fit good other then Fords Motorcraft. Wix, Fram, Purolator and several other filters that are just as good as the factory air filter for less money. Just make sure whatever air filter you buy fits the are box correctly and seals good. The Fram filter I just bought has a two stage filter element and looks like a quality unit I can't recall what it cost I think around $20.00