MKZ30AWD

Stock 3.0 AWD 1/4 mile

Folks,

Just got back from Cecil County Dragway (MD), here are the results:

post-2728-0-09579400-1521376936_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-30856600-1521377028_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-49286900-1521377044_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-97812100-1521377079_thumb.jpg

13 flat at 107 bone stock is strong! And with 2 second 60 fts. Imagine if you could launch with a 1.8... Nice work! Was that on summer or all season tires?

Thanks and Good Question on the tires, I'll have to take a look....since this is just a Show/Race car I only put about 2k mile a year on it, I'll have to make sure I put Summer only tires on it!

Excellent results!  What was the DA when you ran?    I checked the weather conditions for that track and it appears you had ideal conditions....maybe even negative DA.   That takes nothing away from your accomplishment, though.   Congratulations.

Edited by brucelinc

Nice runs!

That's very strong!

Awesome, I'm gonna love having one of these!

Good run. I’m not sure I’ll be able to go back to less power now than I’ve grown used to 400 hp

Wow I want one of these even more now.

Nice runs! All done on 1/2 tank of fuel too, make pass on the low fuel warning light and maybe dip into 12's!

Thanks Guys!   Yea, I'll the board updated after I get the Tune, and Intercooler upgrade...

Those times are exactly the ones I posted in November with mine! Spookily consistent. I have the Livernois tuner. I'm just waiting for the weather to cooperate and ssee if it improves into the 12s.

Nice job.

Good to see folks still into the performance side of the 3.0. Once I get the summers put on I'll be frequently visiting my nearby drag strip on Friday evenings, as I'll have the time to do so freely! Snowed today in southern Ohio, so I'm still waiting before the winters come off.

Though right now I am getting a Cylinder Head replaced because I did indeed have one of the faulty heads that ran under a TSB. Interestingly enough, it wasn't damaging that I needed a block replacement, but just enough oil was able to splash and contaminate one spark plug leading to performance issues. I'll get a nice cleaning done on the engine as well.

For now I've been in this nice Continental. Really do like it, just lacks the more sporty feel for obvious reasons.

post-1860-0-03552600-1521637232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zalvern

OH!!  Whoa! I'm on Top of things with these cars and Never Heard of a Cylinder head Recall!!  Do you have the TSB Number??  Thanks....

Thanks, I'm a July 2017 Build, so Thankfully mine is not an issue....