Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Cold air intake set-up ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Cifizzari

Rob Cifizzari

• Lincoln MKZ Facebook
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAtlanta
  • My MKZ's Year:2011
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone had any luck hooking up a cold air intake ? I'm looking for a kit Any suggestions?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 robertlane

robertlane

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 447 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:GT500KR, E350, Shelby Terlingua

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Steeda is your best bet at this point.

Lincoln MKZ Forum Help Guides

Easy tutorial guide.

Forum software help guide.

#3 kylenepo25

kylenepo25

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • My MKZ's Year:2010
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ AWD

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

I have an Injen CAI made for the 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. Works like a charm! Steeda short ram looks good too!

#4 robertlane

robertlane

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 447 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:GT500KR, E350, Shelby Terlingua

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

I have an Injen CAI made for the 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. Works like a charm! Steeda short ram looks good too!

Did you have to change the tune?

Lincoln MKZ Forum Help Guides

Easy tutorial guide.

Forum software help guide.

#5 AlwaysAaronA

AlwaysAaronA

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • My MKZ's Year:2009
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm also looking for an air intake system on my 09 MKZ. Any directives or feedback is greatly appreciated.

#6 GDTrumbo

GDTrumbo

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNashville, TN
  • My MKZ's Year:2009
  • Current Vehicle:'09 MKZ & '98 Mustang GT

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

On most Ford products from '08 and up, a CAI kit requires a re-tune. 

GT

'09 Lincoln MKZ
Dk. Blue Ink Met./Lt. Bone Int.
---------------------------------------------
'98 Mustang GT Cpe./5 Spd./3.27:1 axle
Black Clearcoat/Med. Charcoal

#7 Robert

Robert

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:3.7 V6

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

Anyone know where I can find for a 2015 3.7?

#8 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 969 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:11 AM

There isn't one.  If there was, it probably wouldn't be legal in CA anyway.

#9 smokin5s

smokin5s

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCentral Ohio
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:3.7 FWD MKZ

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

why in the world would a CAI be illegal or require a retune? That makes absolutely no sense.

#10 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 969 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:13 AM

why in the world would a CAI be illegal or require a retune? That makes absolutely no sense.

Are you aware of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations and EO#s?  A CAI has to have a CARB EO# to be legal in CA.

C.A.R.B. and the Aftermarket

Modifying or tampering with a vehicle's engine can reduce the functionality of its emission controls. As such, California and CARB have established an anti-tampering law, Vehicle Code Section 27156 (VC 27156). The act of adding any aftermarket part, including a cold air intake, is considered an act of tampering with a smog-controlled engine. In other words, you could be breaking California law by adding an aftermarket cold air intake onto their vehicle, unless that cold air intake has received a CARB-issued exemption.

CARB Certification

Getting an aftermarket engine part to meet CARB certification is a costly and lengthy process. An aftermarket product that has been CARB-certified has been thoroughly evaluated and tested to prove that it is reliable and won't increase a vehicle's harmful emissions. CARB-certified aftermarket products will have a sticker or badge with a number detailing its Executive Order (EO) exemption status. This EO number will show smog control technicians, members of law enforcement and others that the part does not violate VC 27156.

K&N website:

K&N Intake Kits, Are They Street Legal?

Every kit we sell is street legal in most states. California and other states that have adopted California emission standards require an intake system to be inspected by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). If the system meets the regulatory requirements, CARB will issue an Executive Order (EO) number. This number, when referenced, will inform a smog inspector that the intake system does not cause the vehicle to be in violation of state emissions standards. EO numbers are assigned for a specific part number on a specific vehicle. When a new year of the vehicle is released, a resubmission to CARB is required. The time required to go through the regulatory process can be lengthy and there is no guarantee the system will be found acceptable for each successive vehicle model year.

With the exception of our 57i Series, our intake systems intended for street use are submitted to CARB for each model year. Intakes with EO numbers means the product meets CARB emission standards ONLY for the vehicle model years cited. Generally, the EO will not cover current year vehicles due to the lengthy regulatory review process. If a model year is not cited on the EO, the part is not legal for sale or use for that specific model year in California and other states that have adopted California emission standards.

To determine if an intake kit is CARB exempt for the applications listed, use our Application Search Page to find available intakes for your vehicle then select the part number. A product detail screen will open indicating the CARB exemption status for the intake.

States that have adopted California emission standards include: Arizona, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·