Sign in to follow this  
dnldcs

Homelink Issues

I have been having issues with my Homelink system since I purchased my 2014 late last year. Signal on seems to work from about 10 feet away at most, but if its below 40 degrees, most of the time it won't work. Sometimes if I open my car door and press it, then it will open my garage, but not always. I had a Chevy Volt prior to my MKZ and had no issues with the homelink. A regular garage door opener will open from the street (40-50 feet away) from inside any vehicle. Anyone have similar issues? 

I had issues but it was the opener. Replaced it after almost 20 years and the new one works great with the homelink.

Do you have LED bulbs in your opener?

It works flawlessly on my 2014 about 50 feet away.

Do you have LED bulbs in your opener?

Yes I do, my whole home is Leds...Why?

LED emit a frequency that may interfere with the homelink radio signal. Try changing out the bulb for standard incandescent and see if it works better... worth a shot

LEDs and garage door openers.

Try an incandescent or CFL first and see if that helps. They do sell dedicated LED garage opener bulbs. 

Reminds me of when LED tail lights and CHMSLs started to proliferate, they were making radar detectors  go nuts.

21st-century problems. ;)

This is super helpful! One of my garage door opener lights which is LED has been blinking on and off the last week or so. I have noticed decreased range in my Homelink. Now I know why!! The LED must be producing all sorts of conflicting signals as it blinks on and off.

It worked! No issues opening my garage now. Thank you for the help.

Great to hear!  Thanks for the follow-up.

My 2014 has never worked on my garage door opener but my 2011 Explorer has worked the same opener with no issues.  Any idea why the difference between the built in remotes from Ford?

How many different times have you programmed your opener? I have a Genie and found out, through their tech support, that there's a limit of 6 different devices.  After that, the opener's memory has to be cleared.  I realized that over the years, between my different cars and wireless  keypads, I'd exceeded that.  Cleared the memory, per mfr's. directions and problem solved.

If that's not it, contact Homelink tech support or your opener's tech support.