Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tune Feedback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sleestack1

sleestack1

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAtlanta
  • My MKZ's Year:2015
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ Reserve

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

I am running an 89 Unleashed tune.  I just installed it last week.

I haven't done anything beyond installing fresh plugs at a .030" gap.  The plugs I removed (at <27k miles) were at .034 to .035 (pretty good!)

I also have 87 and 93 tune files, but haven't evaluated them yet.  I will likely try the 93 at some point but wanted to see if 89 will be 'good enough'. 

So far, shifting is noticeably firmer (but it is adjustable softer/firmer at SCT tune load).  

In sport mode, shifting is probably too harsh (for me).  Again, that's adjustable, but I don't use Sport Mode much....so far

Power increase on the 89 tune is noticeable, but I wouldn't call it significant.  Perhaps the 93 will provide more 'wow'?

Even so, the tune still adds a nice bump. 

For example, a WOT pass from 65 to 75 is more 'daily driver acceptable' to me now.  At stock, I felt highway passing was 'meh' at stock.  Now its 'ehh, ok'.

My other vehicle has a Turbo 6 engine.  I've run that tuned for a number of years now.  It was a more 'night and day' result after tuning.  But it also runs 93 and isn't my DD.

If I stay at 89 on the MKZ, I think I'll be content overall.  I rarely go WOT and am a conservative driver 99% of the time.  I do want max power for the right occasions.

Its probably premature to guess the impact on Fuel Economy.  I'm pretty comfortable saying that FE has, at worst, stayed the same.  At most optimistic, I may have gained 1.0 to 1.5 mpg.

I do worry a little on possible warranty effect, but I've worried a little on the 4 or so cars I've tuned under warranty.  Tuning brings a little risk.   Don't gamble what you can't afford to lose. 

Anyway, I'll try to remember to update here as I collect more miles on the tune.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 MKZMark

MKZMark

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSoutheastern PA
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 2.0 FWD Reserve

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to tune mine but would worry too much about warranty.

#3 Airflow

Airflow

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD Driver's Package

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:41 PM