Sign in to follow this  
fusionff

My 18 Black Label order is in

I am in the same boat in CT with the front so I went with a vanity plate with an abbreviation of my business name. At least this way there is something for me to think about that is positive.

Get one of those rubber bumper plate guards and use a high quality foam tape to mount it on the front. There are plenty of alternatives to avoid drilling to mount the front securely.

It's a gorgeous ride to avoid putting those holes in. Congrats man, you'll love it everyday.

Edited by Zalvern

I am not sure how law enforcement views running without a front plate in your state.    Front plates are required here in Minnesota but I didn't have one installed on my Continental or my Mustang.   I have driven the Conti for well over a year and never been stopped.    

Hi fusionff.  So...how are you liking your new MKZ so far? We want to know! :yahoo:

Hi fusionff.  So...how are you liking your new MKZ so far? We want to know! :yahoo:

I am very happy with my MKZ, I can't think of anything more that I'd like to see the car have.  I am glad that I ended up getting the Technology Package, the perimeter sensors are great to have, but I haven't played with the Adaptive Cruise or Parking Assist yet.  But it drives real nice, it's powerful and comfortable for sure.  I have no intention of mounting the front plate, I put the front plate bracket away, and if I need to, I'll get it attached down the road.  

The first thing that I did was buy a 3rd Fob, programmed it, and got the key cut.  That's something that I always do, I never want to get stuck with only one Fob.  I had it tinted last week, not as dark as I usually go though.   Overall, she's been an absolute pleasure to drive.

HVFI9zn.jpg

P2PJ0tB.jpg

pW4ocvw.jpg

That's really sharp! Glad you are happy with it I feel the same way about mine frankly I never felt I would like a Lincoln until my father suggested I try one out and I was hooked after one drive!

Looks amazing! Is that 20% tint?

Looks great, I need to do that before summer hits.

Looks amazing! Is that 20% tint?

It's 35%, I've always had 20%, but that's pretty dark.  

What's on the rear window -- it looks darker.

I ended up going with 35% too which came out dark enough for me this time around.

What's on the rear window -- it looks darker.

The rear window is 35%, I'll snap a picture straight from the back tomorrow. The rear window in that one picture above does look darker, which is probably due to the angle.

Here are the pics, the shade appears to change a bit with the lighting.

BhmoFIp.jpg

6uVkwrs.jpg

5eHwEec.jpg

Oh even more pictures here.  Pretty excited for mine now.  These cars really do look amazing.  Keep posting pics. Especially with the weather starting to get nicer.

OK! Washed the Lincolns on Sunday morning.

post-2665-0-13414100-1524570050_thumb.jpg

I have seen it now in writing... the MKZ will NOT be available in 2019 in Black Label... so get it in 18 form... on a side note it is sad how the critics have destroyed such a great car..My 16 MKZ hybrid is fantastic, and the value on a used one is, well not good.. must be because it doesn't have a god awful front grill that looks like a venus fly trap wide open trying to catch ... a breath?

Rick.

I have seen it now in writing... the MKZ will NOT be available in 2019 in Black Label... so get it in 18 form... on a side note it is sad how the critics have destroyed such a great car..My 16 MKZ hybrid is fantastic, and the value on a used one is, well not good.. must be because it doesn't have a god awful front grill that looks like a venus fly trap wide open trying to catch ... a breath?

Rick.

Hi rah. Would you post a link to where you saw that information concerning Lincoln MKZ Black Label being discontinued in 2019?

Thanks.

I just wanted to post a better picture of the Thoroughbred color, it's tough to capture the shades of the brown in pictures.  In almost every picture, it appears a solid brown, when there are actually darker and lighter areas.  

6qzp8EV.jpg