Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Hot Rod Lincoln

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 riff raff

riff raff

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMaryland
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ 3.7L

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:45 AM

Wow, that was a great find.  Manuals for this platform seem hard to find.

The last picture is an electrical diagram manual I found from a Lincoln dealer, 500 pages of all the wiring and modual components in these cars.

Al

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 Izzy3906

Izzy3906

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 162 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationKilleen, TX
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ Smoked Quartz

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

I also got that manual it help me figure out the wiring for the sound system I installed.

2014 Lincoln MKZ Smoked Quartz

images4.png

images7.jpg

2014 MKZ Smoked Quartz

IZZY'S SHOWROOM

#23 Dino

Dino

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

My original intent was to put in a mono amp for the sub woofer and add a 4 channel amp for the rest of the system.

I was going to use an Audio Control LC7 to do this. But after adding the Soundstream PN1.650D nano amp, it is a class"D" 650 watt sub amp I don't think I need the second amp.

System sounds really good. I may replace all the other speakers, I have Polk Audio component speakers for all the doors, and may match them for the center channel in the dash.

That Soundstream amp is a real power house, gain is turned way down, and it doesn't even get warm cranking it for an hour. And I am running it at 2 ohm. Nice thing about it, the amp has a bass boost knob to adjust the amp output up to an 18db gain. I am somewhat of an audiophile, and have put together some really amazing SQ systems. This one still needs work, but definitely has potential to be a great sounding system. The center channel is a big plus. I highly recommend the Soundstream amp,

a lot of punch for the buck.

That manual is a wealth of knowledge, especially in a car with about 10 miles of wiring, and countless moduals.

#24 Izzy3906

Izzy3906

New MKZ Member

• 162 posts
  • LocationKilleen, TX

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

My original intent was to put in a mono amp for the sub woofer and add a 4 channel amp for the rest of the system.

I was going to use an Audio Control LC7 to do this. But after adding the Soundstream PN1.650D nano amp, it is a class"D" 650 watt sub amp I don't think I need the second amp.

System sounds really good. I may replace all the other speakers, I have Polk Audio component speakers for all the doors, and may match them for the center channel in the dash.

That Soundstream amp is a real power house, gain is turned way down, and it doesn't even get warm cranking it for an hour. And I am running it at 2 ohm. Nice thing about it, the amp has a bass boost knob to adjust the amp output up to an 18db gain. I am somewhat of an audiophile, and have put together some really amazing SQ systems. This one still needs work, but definitely has potential to be a great sounding system. The center channel is a big plus. I highly recommend the Soundstream amp,

a lot of punch for the buck.

That manual is a wealth of knowledge, especially in a car with about 10 miles of wiring, and countless moduals.

That's true about the manuel it does come in handy. When you get a chance post pics on your audio setup.

images4.png

images7.jpg

2014 MKZ Smoked Quartz

IZZY'S SHOWROOM

#25 Dino

Dino

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZ

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Here are a couple pictures of the audio setup, I wanted to keep it as simple and compact as I could.

The sound is nothing short of amazing, Soundstream equipment is some really good stuff, they make quality products for the money.

I have been using their amps for quiet a few years. You get the rated power out of their amps. attached is an amp dyno test done on the amp that I purchased.

This amp hits hard and draws very little power. Class "D" amps are your best bet for driving subs because of their low power consumption.

I would bet that my single 10 and only 650 watts hits as hard, if not harder than your 2600 watt amp and two 12's.

In theory you should drive your sub between 100% to 150% of its rated power to make it work the way it should.

The Kicker CVR10 that I have is a competition dual voice coil speaker, I am running it at 2 ohm load to extract the power from the amp, and it rocks.

I also loaded the LMS tune today, and it definitely is up on power, and my MPG have jumped up a little to between 27 and 30 around town. It was hanging around 24 and 25 before. Shifts are a little firmer and much quicker to go through the gears, turbo lag is next to nothing now. this is on the 87 octane tune. More to come as I load the other tunes and do a comparison.

Attached Files

#26 Izzy3906

Izzy3906

New MKZ Member

• 162 posts
  • LocationKilleen, TX

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Here are a couple pictures of the audio setup, I wanted to keep it as simple and compact as I could.

The sound is nothing short of amazing, Soundstream equipment is some really good stuff, they make quality products for the money.

I have been using their amps for quiet a few years. You get the rated power out of their amps. attached is an amp dyno test done on the amp that I purchased.

This amp hits hard and draws very little power. Class "D" amps are your best bet for driving subs because of their low power consumption.

I would bet that my single 10 and only 650 watts hits as hard, if not harder than your 2600 watt amp and two 12's.

In theory you should drive your sub between 100% to 150% of its rated power to make it work the way it should.

The Kicker CVR10 that I have is a competition dual voice coil speaker, I am running it at 2 ohm load to extract the power from the amp, and it rocks.

I also loaded the LMS tune today, and it definitely is up on power, and my MPG have jumped up a little to between 27 and 30 around town. It was hanging around 24 and 25 before. Shifts are a little firmer and much quicker to go through the gears, turbo lag is next to nothing now. this is on the 87 octane tune. More to come as I load the other tunes and do a comparison.

Looks very nice and clean Dino enjoy it.

images4.png

images7.jpg

2014 MKZ Smoked Quartz

IZZY'S SHOWROOM

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·