Wife drove a MKZ awd with the massaging seat option a few days ago and its her #1 reason for buying one ( they are a little hard to find ). Found a great deal on a very low mile car with almost every option but massaging seats. Checked a few junkyards online and found quite a few seats with massage for around $300 and under. Just wondering if it would be plug n play or if it would need some kind of wiring harness change ( that would be a deal breaker ). Silly question probably but out of 12 cars I checked out only one of them had the seats
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
2014 massaging seats interchangable ?
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:46 PM
Nothing in these cars is plug and play. Yes, you would need a different wiring harness and then you'd have get the system programmed with "as-built" data using the VIN of a car with the option. It might be possible at huge expense but not worth it.
There are aftermarket solutions. Here's one example. There are others. Just "Google" it.