Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Hood Latch Stuck

Hood Latch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Antonio

Antonio

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationOhio
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

I have a 2013 Lincoln MKZ, which was bought used from a dealer. I just found out that I can release the hood form the inside 

of the vehicle, but the hand lever under the hood doesn't actually move the latch over for me to open the hood. Has anyone 

ever encountered this problem? I'm due for an oil change and I have to add windshield fluid, as it is snowing here in Cleveland, Ohio.

Any help is appreciated. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 R2D2

R2D2

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 198 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPalm Coast, FL
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 MKZh

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

You cannot keep the hood all the way up against the safety lock and move the handle at the same time to release it.... It is a tight fit for my hand but you must lower the hood just a little and use the tip of your finger to release the safety latch.

See if that does it for you

R2D2

Beep-op-whir-boop-weeee

I'm a black and white type of guy, the only gray in my life is the hair on my head!

#3 Antonio

Antonio

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationOhio
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:MKZ

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

I can definitely get my hand in there along with a screwdriver too. I've tried moving the lever, while pushing on the latch and that doesn't work. I tried holding the lever back and pushing the latch as well...no go. The only other thing I can think to do, is have someone pull the lever inside of the car while I use the screw driver to push the latch. I'm pretty sure that the lever inside of the car is for the lower latch of the hood though. The upper latch is controlled by the hand lever under the hood. i'm going to try it anyway.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·