Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Perilli p7 plus a/s 19 inch. report.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationStockbridge , MA
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZh

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Up here in Western Mass. we just had first serious snow weather.  It was 4 inches but what made it serious was that it was ice on snow. The tires handled these conditions with great confidence ,even the last steep hill back to my house , the passengers in the car were impressed. I do want to emphasize that these will not replace dedicated snow tires for larger amounts of snow , but I am very confident with these for average snow weather ,I also have noticed that they have the rim protection feature. I had them put on by Lincoln dealer with the $140.00 rebate about two months ago.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 MKZMark

MKZMark

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern PA
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 2.0 FWD Reserve

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

Which tires were on it before?

#3 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Michelin mxm 4 came with the car ,they were very good on dry and wet surfaces. I had these on my 2013 MKZh and found them slipping a lot in snow , so I put on the Perillis last year and noticed the better snow gripping. So I did have experience with them both ,and the other tire that was rated really good was the Michellin Pilot sport a/s 3. However my having the Perillis on my last car and the fact that I liked them a lot was the deciding factor,plus the $140.00 rebate that is offered from the dealer. I like the fact that all these tires (both P7 a/s plus and Miches) come with the rim protection ,the Michelins have the better rim protectors. Now the tire I am talking about is the Perilli P7 PLUS ,it must say PLUS ,it does make a difference.

#4 MKZMark

MKZMark

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern PA
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 2.0 FWD Reserve

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

How do you like the noise level and ride compared to the stock MXMs?

#5 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Very comparable ,I would give a slight edge to the Miches on dry road , but for me the snow factor was all important. Last year with the Miches I slid down my driveway and dented my fender so that cost me right there , with the Perillis I do not slip and I must say I do take more care going down the driveway after that dent. As for noise I again would give a slight edge to the Miches. So I would rate Miches a 9 for dry and noise and a 4 for snow. The Perillis a 8 for dry and noise and a 7 for snow. You can see  these tires comparisons on the Tire Rack site but I am giving you my real world experience with them.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·