Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Inflation Magic?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 350 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

I have the 19" wheels on my 2014 MKz.

The sticker says to inflate all tires to 36 PSI. I do that and maintain that. However, every time I take it to the dealer for service they deflate all tires to 30 PSI.

FWIW, the Jaguar dealer does the same thing to my wife's tires when she goes in for service.

Is there something "magic" about 30 PSI?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 969 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

That's funny, Joe.  My dealer used to over inflate them.  One time, after service, it felt like I was driving on bricks.  They had them at 40psi.  In fact, I had gotten a set of anti-theft (Lincoln logo)valve stem caps so they couldn't mess with my TP.  Those were a major PITA for me, though. Nowadays, they get it right.

They probably underinflate them to please the people who can't get Town Cars anymore. ;)

• Robert Iggy Cerami likes this

#3 easyrider

easyrider

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSun Coast, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln mkZ Hybrid Reserve Magnetic Grey/ Cappuccino

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

I have the 19" wheels on my 2014 MKz.

The sticker says to inflate all tires to 36 PSI. I do that and maintain that. However, every time I take it to the dealer for service they deflate all tires to 30 PSI.

FWIW, the Jaguar dealer does the same thing to my wife's tires when she goes in for service.

Is there something "magic" about 30 PSI?

LOL, That's too funny, each time I've visited the dealer regarding tire concerns they inflate them to 36psi.

I on the other hand lower the pressure to 34 psi in the front, and 32 in the rear.  Honestly, at the recommended inflation pressure, I can feel every pebble on the roadway. I can't wait for the end of the lease on this particular car, but yea that's just me, everyone else is convinced the car ride is as smooth as glass. I went over an approximate 3" raised portion of a newly paved road the other day at approx. 5MPH, and honestly thought I lost the front wheel. My first automobile, a 1960 Plymouth Fury rode better than my 17 MKZ with 5k miles.

It's like the Finance manager where I bought the car said to me, " enjoy your new FORD".

I'l be taking it back to the dealer this week, for it's first oil change, and have them determine why the battery discharges completely overnight, and to address the rattle coming from within the drivers front door as well.  Yea, I love my new Lincoln, Made in Mexico.  : )

I apologise for the rant folks, but I simply felt the need to share, and it makes me feel better.   Ha Ha!

Edited by easyrider, 03 December 2017 - 02:50 PM.

#4 MKZMark

MKZMark

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern PA
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 2.0 FWD Reserve

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

I have the 19s on mine and agree it's a stiff ride, even in comfort mode, compared to Lincolns of yore. Doesn't bother me though, try taking a 1970s Lincoln through some twists and turns! It's a new era.

• drolds1 likes this

#5 JoeBrown

JoeBrown

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Club Member
  • 350 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014, 3.7L V6, AWD. Ruby Red/ Dune

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

It could be because I'm paying attention to it, but it appears that at 36 PSI that it's a tad quieter. :headscratch:

#6 easyrider

easyrider

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSun Coast, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln mkZ Hybrid Reserve Magnetic Grey/ Cappuccino

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

I would like to think that a large percentage of automobiles built today have improved upon there ability to navigate through turns from that of yesteryear, and not necessarily to the detriment of decreasing overall ride quality were my thoughts.

Personally, I don't find myself driving in such a manner which may require the stability of a sports car in the turns or when changing lanes, and a suspension which may be more suited to those who own cars with a high compression 400 HP motor.

I do however understand your point.  In conclusion, I would say that although I have decided to lease, I'm certainly entertaining the thought of removing both the low profile tires and wheels for something which may better meet my personal preferences of ride quality throughout this new era of automobiles.  : )

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·