Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket Electrical Hookup Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dfstv

dfstv

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

Hello all!

I have a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. I am an EMT for my local fire protection district and plan on installing an emergency lighting system in the vehicle. Since the car is a Hybrid, all of the minor components such as A/C, Radio, Lights, etc. must be powered by the Hybrid battery? I just ordered a wiring harness that has it's own fuses and relays. The question is, where do I hook up for a primary power source? Do I connect into the Hybrid battery somehow or do I connect to the 12V battery that is in the trunk?

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but I figure I may as well ask because I don't know. I appreciate any responses, or any sources where I could find some more information on the subject. Thank you in advance.

Attached File  23559934_1643002972424449_4049253227370338993_n.jpg   128.53KB   0 downloads

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 969 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

You'd probably be better off asking on the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum.  They're basically the same in that respect.

There's a Fusion Hybrid Police car.  They have plenty of 12V accessories wired in. Maybe you can make some inquires.

Personally, I wouldn't go near the HVB.

#3 dfstv

dfstv

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

You'd probably be better off asking on the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum.  They're basically the same in that respect.

There's a Fusion Hybrid Police car.  They have plenty of 12V accessories wired in. Maybe you can make some inquires.

Personally, I wouldn't go near the HVB.

Thank you! I found some threads on the Ford Fusion forum. I'll be wiring power from the 12V battery in the rear, and grounding to the frame instead of the negative terminal - due to possible problems with some battery depletion calculator built into the car's computer. By grounding to the frame you avoid messing with that system. That's from my understanding of the various threads. 

#4 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 969 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Thank you! I found some threads on the Ford Fusion forum. I'll be wiring power from the 12V battery in the rear, and grounding to the frame instead of the negative terminal - due to possible problems with some battery depletion calculator built into the car's computer. By grounding to the frame you avoid messing with that system. That's from my understanding of the various threads. 

Good to know.  Thanks for reporting back.

• dfstv likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·