Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Infamous Rear End Roll and Ride Quality

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markshappycampers

markshappycampers

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationLouisville, KY
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

I purchased my '13, 2.0 in February with 24k miles at a dealer auction.  I had never driven an MKZ and being on the lot at an auction I didn't have the opportunity to drive this one.  After purchase, when I got the car on the street, I was devastated!  The ride quality from the 18" OEM Michelins (in all modes and comfort levels) was horrible and the rear end roll was borderline scary.  The original tires were worn beyond what I thought a premium tire with 24K miles should be with the tread wear indicators being evident.  Knowing I had to do more driving this summer than typical, I put off purchasing new tires until now.  With the Michelins completely worn out (bald) at 39K miles I just installed the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus and I'm thrilled!  The ride quality is like night and day from the Michelins and the rear end roll is GONE - 100% GONE!  I now have an MKZ that rides and handles like the sport luxury machine it is!  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Airflow

Airflow

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD Driver's Package

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

Tires are one of the most important parts on a vehicle and there is definitely a big difference in noise, handling, and traction between new and worn.

#3 markshappycampers

markshappycampers

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationLouisville, KY
  • My MKZ's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKZ

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

A premium tire should not be considered "worn" at 24K miles. At such low mileage, Michelins should not be the cause of excessive rear end roll or be the major contributor to a harsh ride.  Just before the purchase of my MKZ, I installed Michelins on another vehicle and have regretted doing so since due to the advanced wear and unacceptable ride quality.  In my opinion, Michelins are no longer the premium product it once was.  Substantiating evidence supporting my opinion is a plenty within this forum.

#4 jimflutes

jimflutes

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationStockbridge , MA
  • My MKZ's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKZh

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

Pirelli P7 plus , had these on my 2013 Zh , now just got them on the 2016. I got them because of the good snow ratings which are correct as last winter driving proved , as long as you remember these are not snow tires. But I am most impressed with the feel and handling of the tire , they feel like the Michelin mxm4 but better in snow driving ( 2 - 4 inches ) , this makes them a true all season tire.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·