Just purchased the new 2017 Reserve AWD MKZ and love the car but the manual tells me it runs on 87 octane gas but in order to get the full horsepower on other sites it says to use Premium Gas. Back in the day, I read something that stated unless it says run the car off of premium gas in the manual its is a waste of money. What say you forum
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos
- Receive special offers and discounts
- Invitations to events. . .and more!
Regular vs Premium Gasgas
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:31 AM
Mods pls delete I posted in the wrong section
No need to delete. I'm moving the post to another forum.
WRT your question, first which engine do you have? The Turbo engines will run just fine on regular but will not develop their full rated hp. You may see worse MPG on regular, as the ECU will pull timing on the lower octane fuel. The 2.0 develops 231hp on regular vs. 240 on 93 octane. IDK the exact figures for 3.0 AWD but IIRC, it loses at least 20 hp on regular. I can feel the difference in mine.
What applied "back in the day" no longer does as smaller, turbocharged engines proliferate.
- KenZ, Robert Iggy Cerami and brucelinc like this