Cruising on the NJ Turnpike

drolds1

On a recent trip from LI to NJ, I was able to maintain the MPG shown below for the tpke. portion of the trip by staying below 80 (not easy).  

For a 2-ton, AWD sedan with 400hp, A/C on I think this is phenomenal. All told, I still ended up with 26+mpg for the trip.  My 2014 3.7 couldn't come come near this.  The fly in the ointment here is the all-local, stop-and-go.  It doesn't do too well.  Can't have everything, though.  Considering the performance this car is capable of, I have no complaints.  There are some 2.0EB owners on the Fusion Forum that don't get these figures.

post-5-0-09167000-1504037632_thumb.jpg 

Edited by drolds1

Since I have both the 2.0 Fusion and now 3.0T MKZ, my MKZ is definitely getting better fuel economy and overall efficiency than my Fusion could ever hope to achieve. Even with my Fusion being FWD and a couple hundred pounds less, the MKZ beats it at everything in terms of 93 octane performance. The Fusion only saves more fuel cash since I downtune it to 87 and only use regular fuel.

City wise, depending on stop n go traffic, I get around 19 to 20 mpg. Of course, I am using some tricks for enhancements beyond stock. So I easily get above EPA estimates at higher speeds even.

Going to be real hard to replace this car as a daily. Especially now that I believed to have solved the infamous 2nd-to-3rd shift lag (still doing some more testing).

That's impresssive. I get 16+ in mostly city driving with a 93 performance tune and spirited driving. Not sure on highway alone, but I am pleased with the mileage to performance ratio.

That's not bad for mostly city.  I don't have to tell you that it's hard staying out of the throttle with this car in this type of driving.  There's abundant torque down low.

Since I have both the 2.0 Fusion and now 3.0T MKZ, my MKZ is definitely getting better fuel economy and overall efficiency than my Fusion could ever hope to achieve. Even with my Fusion being FWD and a couple hundred pounds less, the MKZ beats it at everything in terms of 93 octane performance. The Fusion only saves more fuel cash since I downtune it to 87 and only use regular fuel.

City wise, depending on stop n go traffic, I get around 19 to 20 mpg. Of course, I am using some tricks for enhancements beyond stock. So I easily get above EPA estimates at higher speeds even.

Going to be real hard to replace this car as a daily. Especially now that I believed to have solved the infamous 2nd-to-3rd shift lag (still doing some more testing).

19-20 in stop-and-go is impressive.

Edited by drolds1