Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Cruising on the NJ Turnpike

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 937 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

On a recent trip from LI to NJ, I was able to maintain the MPG shown below for the tpke. portion of the trip by staying below 80 (not easy).  

For a 2-ton, AWD sedan with 400hp, A/C on I think this is phenomenal. All told, I still ended up with 26+mpg for the trip.  My 2014 3.7 couldn't come come near this.  The fly in the ointment here is the all-local, stop-and-go.  It doesn't do too well.  Can't have everything, though.  Considering the performance this car is capable of, I have no complaints.  There are some 2.0EB owners on the Fusion Forum that don't get these figures.

Attached File  MPG.jpg   84.58KB   1 downloads 

Edited by drolds1, 29 August 2017 - 03:15 PM.

• Robert Iggy Cerami likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Airflow

Airflow

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCT
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD Driver's Package

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

That's impresssive. I get 16+ in mostly city driving with a 93 performance tune and spirited driving. Not sure on highway alone, but I am pleased with the mileage to performance ratio.

#3 Zalvern

Zalvern

New MKZ Member

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationOh
  • My MKZ's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Black Label

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Since I have both the 2.0 Fusion and now 3.0T MKZ, my MKZ is definitely getting better fuel economy and overall efficiency than my Fusion could ever hope to achieve. Even with my Fusion being FWD and a couple hundred pounds less, the MKZ beats it at everything in terms of 93 octane performance. The Fusion only saves more fuel cash since I downtune it to 87 and only use regular fuel.

City wise, depending on stop n go traffic, I get around 19 to 20 mpg. Of course, I am using some tricks for enhancements beyond stock. So I easily get above EPA estimates at higher speeds even.

Going to be real hard to replace this car as a daily. Especially now that I believed to have solved the infamous 2nd-to-3rd shift lag (still doing some more testing).
  • jmcgliss likes this

#4 drolds1

drolds1

New MKZ Member

• Moderators
  • 937 posts
  • LocationLI, NY
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2017 MKZ 3.0T AWD Sport Package

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

That's impresssive. I get 16+ in mostly city driving with a 93 performance tune and spirited driving. Not sure on highway alone, but I am pleased with the mileage to performance ratio.

That's not bad for mostly city.  I don't have to tell you that it's hard staying out of the throttle with this car in this type of driving.  There's abundant torque down low.

Since I have both the 2.0 Fusion and now 3.0T MKZ, my MKZ is definitely getting better fuel economy and overall efficiency than my Fusion could ever hope to achieve. Even with my Fusion being FWD and a couple hundred pounds less, the MKZ beats it at everything in terms of 93 octane performance. The Fusion only saves more fuel cash since I downtune it to 87 and only use regular fuel.

City wise, depending on stop n go traffic, I get around 19 to 20 mpg. Of course, I am using some tricks for enhancements beyond stock. So I easily get above EPA estimates at higher speeds even.

Going to be real hard to replace this car as a daily. Especially now that I believed to have solved the infamous 2nd-to-3rd shift lag (still doing some more testing).

19-20 in stop-and-go is impressive.

Edited by drolds1, 30 August 2017 - 01:11 PM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·