Custom Search

Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum - home of the Lincoln MKZ Club

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKZ Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry, this is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Lincoln MKZ Forum by signing up for a free account today and enjoy these benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos
  • Receive special offers and discounts
  • Invitations to events. . .and more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Lincoln Continental Forum Here.

Photo
- - - - -

Staining on the Headliner!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 easyrider

easyrider

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSun Coast, Florida
  • My MKZ's Year:Decline
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln mkZ Hybrid Reserve Magnetic Grey/ Cappuccino

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

Just as POI, as it relates to the recent purchase of my Brand New Lincoln MKZ, and a tid bit of information I've recently learned.

I've recently found what appeared to be a grease stain left by someone on the interior headliner of my car. However, I also found that I was unable to remove the soiled mark.  Further inspection revealed additional patches of staining, six in all at different areas along the front portion of the headliner. When I mentioned this to the service manager at the Lincoln dealership and any suggestion he may have in removing same, he explained the issue had been documented and researched to the conclusion it is an orange colored adhesive used at the factory in Hermosillo Mexico, in the process of securing  the headliner to the inner roof, of which apparently has been known on occasion to leach thru the fabric material causing a stain like appearance particularly on light colored interiors.

I've also been informed, this would be covered under the warranty, however they would need to first order a new headliner, then it would require keeping the car a couple days to remove and replace the new liner, as it entails removing the seats, console and such to properly do the job. Oh boy!

I keep trying to convince myself that I haven't made a big mistake having bought this automobile in the first place. Ha!

Edited by easyrider, 05 August 2017 - 04:09 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Laminar

Laminar

• Lincoln MKZ Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationIowa
  • My MKZ's Year:2014
  • My MKZ: mymkz
  • Current Vehicle:-

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

I found the same kind of spots on my headliner! I bought some shampoo/spot cleaner and was able to clean the spots off. If they show back up I'll know to take it in!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·