justdgoodz

List of successful FORscan/OBDLink Mods on MKZ (credit to DanMC85 at 2gfusion.net)

Interesting - and I wonder if the changes are only applicable to AWD systems or if there's something in the suspension that's modified as well. I spent a couple of days looking for SHP cars on Autotrader but couldn't find any for sure.

Hi Laminar. As you can see above, you did seem to ask that question last week. Or maybe your quote above was not phrased the way you intended.

Let's be honest, the question you asked last week, "Interesting - and I wonder if the changes are only applicable to AWD systems or if there's something in the suspension that's modified as well. I spent a couple of days looking for SHP cars on Autotrader but couldn't find any for sure.", is certainly not the same question as what you just asked above - "I wondered if the unique sport tuning affected only the AWD system's stability control/torque vectoring, or if some aspect of the unique sport tuning would benefit a FWD model as well, perhaps with more permissive stability control or adjusted damping rates." Not even close Laminar. And at least I apologized if my post was confusing, something you did not do.

Either way, it certainly leaves room for doubt as to what you were asking, as you claim my answer did.  Perhaps it confused you that I used the word "available" instead of "applicable". And I quoted exactly what the 2014 MKZ brochure mentioned about the "sport tuning", so not sure why you stated it in your quote above like it was news. And I did mention the sport tuning in my reply, which you cherry-pick quoted. Jeez, I even apologized if my post was confusing. So I'm not sure why you are looking to argue with someone who was trying to help you. Attempting to cherry pick short quotes from my longer post won't change the answer.

Anyway, as others have stated, the summer tires will give you ~90% of the SHP benefits. That is what the word "essentially" in part of my answer you quoted refers to. "Which conversely, essentially also means that if you put summer tires on any non-Hybrid, 2014 Reserve AWD with Lincoln Drive Control, it is now a Summer handling Package MKZ". So not 100%, but really close. Sorry that is not the answer you were hoping for, but it is the best answer you will probably get.

So it is extremely doubtful you will be able to tune your suspension by taking the code from a SHP equipped model VIN and attempt to recode your FWD model. Besides not having AWD, you also do not have the torque vectoring system integral to the current Drivers Package. Yes, I see you are also looking for any suspension tweaks.  But the answer is the same. There are differences, but you won't be able to make them  to your FWD MKZ the way you are hoping. Or to put it another way, ask yourself this: How could a FWD model use the same stability control or damping rates as an AWD model? They are two completely different handling dynamics.

I guess you wanted a simpler answer, so how is this...Yes, it is only applicable to the AWD systems. We try to give information which may be helpful to all. You seem to not appreciate the information and help I tried to provide. Therefore, if you want more specific/definitive information, hopefully another forum member will step in and assist you.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

In addition, there was no torque-vectoring feature in 2014.  That wasn't available until the Driver's Package became an option for the 2017MY.