justdgoodz

Intelligent AWD System Display

(Not sure if this post should necessarily be in the AWD sub-forum, because it only deal with the dash display)

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2015 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 AWD. I have seen in other MKZs, on the left cluster, a display that will show how much power is going to each wheel dynamically (Sample Attached). That option is not listed in my settings menu. I started to think maybe it is a display available only on 2016+. I have looked at the 2015 Lincoln MKZ manual online, and it does show that the option should be in the menu.

Does anyone with a 2013-2015 AWD vehicle have this display? Any ideas? Would a SYNC update fix this (not sure if SYNC is tied to the dash)

Thank you

post-2401-0-49728400-1497927106_thumb.jpg

It's only available on 2016+ MYs. No update is going to add it to prior MYs.

If you're computer savvy enough, you can enable it yourself. A program called FORScan is the key, and it is free to use. You only need to have a quality OBII scan tool on hand.

Back when I was in the Fusion scene, a forum member DacMc85, provided a wealth of information to safely modify AS-BUILT data.

Check out this thread: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

It will help you achieve what is desired.

Edited by Zalvern

Forscan will let you change as-built data to a different MY?

Forscan will let you change as-built data to a different MY?

Yep or enable features that otherwise weren't enabled. Very useful tool to have and a assest for any Ford/Lincoln owner.

Cool.  I knew it could do a lot but I didn't realize that was possible.

If you're computer savvy enough, you can enable it yourself. A program called FORScan is the key, and it is free to use. You only need to have a quality OBII scan tool on hand.

Back when I was in the Fusion scene, a forum member DacMc85, provided a wealth of information to safely modify AS-BUILT data.

Check out this thread: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

It will help you achieve what is desired.

This is exactly what i needed! Thank you and this for forum!

I got the forscan and obdlink mx. Although i was able to get the intelligent AWD gauge to display, no data is being fed to it. This is a known issue on 2015+ Fusion, i was hoping by some miracle it didn't make it to Lincoln side

Anyone successfully get this awd indicator going on a 2016 MKZ? I can get the gauge to show but no power/movement of the indicator. Thanks!

I tried enabling this in my 2013 MKZ and I was not able to get the AWD display to come up at all. So I am wondering if it is possible at all.